AF: Horizon/Omni Historical Queries | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizon/Omni Historical Queries

Discussion in 'L: Horizon/Omni, Rampage, etc' started by Star Car, May 22, 2020.

1. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Star Car

I've been meaning to ask if you have ever owned, driven or serviced any Euro Horizons??

The manuals I bought show many options that weren't available on the N/A versions.

I'm curious if loaded versions were commonplace or odd exceptions.

Your interest in the Euro Chrysler connection is interesting to me.

Thanks
    Randy

2. Star Car

Star Car Member

Cannot say as have not owned a Euro Horizon.

My interest in the Euro Horizon links to the NA Horizon stems from both the Hemmings Only skin deep article about the Euro and NA Horizon on the previous page that appeared to largely correspond to what a contributor at AROnline brought up, whose late father worked at Rootes/Chrysler/Peugeot regarding the Horizon project (that the NA version was essentially a reversed-engined Golf aside from mirroring it in other respects including the 1.7 engine).

3. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

NA version is larger than Golf (though very similar in design of the body). I had one with 1.7 and had a lot of fun showing the rear to the GTI owners. Had 3 kids and they were not cramped in the back seat. VW is cramped.