AF: How Bad's the Gouging Where YOU Live? | Page 37 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Bad's the Gouging Where YOU Live?

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by chuzz, Sep 2, 2017.

1. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

Did a little trip to West Texas last weekend and pricing was $1.649 to $2.299.

2. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

We're hanging right around $2.00. Some days a little more, some a little less.

3. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Well-Known Member

The cheapest I've seen lately near me in central Ohio is $1.92. Not complaining when it's under two bucks a gallon.

4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Prices are all over in the last week or so. 7-11 and Shell jumped to $2.25. Murphy's is still at $1.99. Wa Wa is $2.19. Sheetz is $2.21 and Valero is $2.22. In the courthouse area 10 miles south prices are $2.25.

Prices are almost back to pre-pandemic levels here.

5. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Well-Known Member

I just saw $1.819 for regular yesterday. Gas Buddy shows it's as low as $1.619 some place here in central Ohio.

6. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

I am thinking that there was probably a lot of speculation that hurricane Delta would cause a lot of additional infrastructure along the Gulf coast just as hurricane Laura several weeks ago. Infrastructure issues with the electrical grid could cause problems for pumping stations on the Colonial pipeline that originates in Louisiana. Any mention or thought that something could interrupt flow along the Colonial pipeline (true or false) causes price spikes for those retail outlets in the S E USA served by the pipeline. But no reported problems so the speculation was short lived.

Doug D likes this.