AF: How Many Miles On Your PT? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many Miles On Your PT?

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by 06PTElectricBlue, Oct 13, 2019.

1. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

172,000+ miles and 14 years ago today I purchased my PT, and I still enjoy it just as much today as I did when I drove it off the lot :cool:

chuzz, djsamuel and ImperialCrown like this.
  2. Dpfcool

Dpfcool Member

I have a 2001 limited edition with 93000 miles.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  3. PtPooter

PtPooter Member

I took this pic last night, before heading out to get gas, and get groceries.

Almost 6000 miles since getting it fixed and back on the road.

Had bad water pump and radiator fan motor, among several other issues, sat in driveway over a year, and was going to be sold to a salvage yard.

However got a new job with 60 mile round trip each day and didn't want to drive my Corvette that much, the PT Cruiser has been good after fixing a lot of problems, probably over 1000.00 of parts in it, plus getting it free (girlfriend's old car), cheap transportation.

I'll say this, driving this, then driving the Corvette is fun, and going back and forth.

Both cars are so different the way they drive, it's refreshing to change it up.

Also working on getting my 1965 C10 shortbed pickup back on the road too.

Didn't mean to end up having 3 vehicles, just worked out that way, had the truck since 17, Corvette since 25, and hopefully will have the PT Cruiser a long time, I'm 42 now.

IMG_20200213_214941666.jpg

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  4. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Got rid of our 2002 a few years ago. It needed at least 2 motor mounts and front struts.
    Question: we had the 5 speed manual...Is the manual harder on motor mounts then a automatic?

5. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Launch and decel 'shock' on the fore and aft mounts may be harder on stick-shift than automatic. Especially with aggressive launching.
    The stick-shifts have a bobble-strut as an aft mount. It is a hydraulic damper to control sudden rotation of the eng/trans.
    The fore mount in a stick is stiffer than the one in an automatic and is a different part #. The rubber cushion block is more robust.
    I put a stick one on my Neon. It cured a 'bucking' at cruise.