Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is that Hellcat Jeep?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Aug 8, 2017.

1. TrueNorthTint

TrueNorthTint Active Member

Still not available in VOIM in Canada... at least not to me

2. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

As a salesman, any heartburn over the price?

3. CDJSalesPro

Level III Supporter

Not even a little bit..... People have to understand every car is not for everybody. My customer is a multi millionair...He purchased both a Demon and a TrackHawk.... I cant afford either one of them and I make a pretty good living. I am not mad because It is too much for me. I cant afford a Ferrari or a 200k boat . Its not for me. Ill just have to be happy with my Benz and Overland.;)

jerseyjoe and GasAxe like this.
  4. 2012srtchallenger

Supporter

At the time I had a 2014 ram that would have possibly outran the srt8,the seats were Laguna leather and felt like sitting on a rock,had the stupid shifter,did not ride nice.i have had 2 vipers,5 challengers and a 300 all srt cars,the grand did not provide any pleasure or performance.i have challenger hellcat now and thoroughly enjoy the power,mileage(22mpg), and driving pleasure.so until I can drive a track hawk I would be very skeptical.

DarkSky likes this.
  5. CDJSalesPro

Level III Supporter

"the grand did not provide any pleasure or performance"

WTH does that mean? "any pleasure or performance" :confused::confused::confused:

6. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The lack of tire smoking, sideways action from the Grand Cherokee can leave some Challenger/Charger guys feeling like they are missing something.

A Tazer fixes that problem easily.

Mike

7. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I don't care what engine it has, a $100,000 Jeep is insane. Aside from the "neatness" of owning a 707 horsepower SUV, no serious customer is going to cross shop this with an SUV from a luxury brand. Customer service/dealership experience, perceived quality, actual quality, reliability, brand equity, etc. just cannot match up to a real luxury brand.

Most people who buy this are likely buying it because they have money to blow and it's supposedly the world's fastest SUV. The Tesla Model X P100D is faster, the Mercedes-AMG GLE 63S is more luxurious. They're also more expensive, but if someone is spending $100K on a Jeep they obviously have excess money. There are plenty of other options when you start getting into the near $100k price bracket.

#27 DarkSky, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    jerseyjoe likes this.
  8. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Oh how wrong you are.... Many will buy it because it meets their needs better than the alternatives. Further if you think the other options you listed don't have quality problems of their own, you'd be mistaken. Will the dealer experience be better, yep, that's likely, but plenty cross shop them.

hemirunner426 and CDJSalesPro like this.
  9. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Die hard horsepower fans are the only people I can imagine would want to buy this. Nobody in their right mind would consider this a luxury vehicle and spending $100k on a Jeep is crazy. Cool SUV, yes. Worth $100k? No.

#29 DarkSky, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    jerseyjoe likes this.
  10. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Geez, it's just his opinion. We don't want to hurt the guy.
    ;):D

11. 12soldier

12soldier Well-Known Member

Price wise it's a bargain "sitting still" vs the SRT. It's $121.50 per horsepower or $133.18 per lb of torque... vs the SRT at $140.83 per horsepower or $143.33 per lb of torque.

However, on the track it comes in 0-60 at 3.5 seconds/ $22,025.64 per second vs SRT 0-60 at 4.4 seconds/ $15,203.41 per second.
    The quarter mile is $7,405.17 per second (11.6) vs SRT at $5,145.77 per second (13)

This at the entry level(s) of $85,900 vs $66,895.

Overall I like both of them, but depending on how much of bragging rights you want and/or how you use the vehicle IMHO I think the SRT is good enough. Of course price not being an factor, then by all means get the best of the best made from the factory.

12. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

LMAO

Mike

13. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

You are of course entitled to your opinion. Just don't try to state it as fact. There are many - me included who feel that none of those vehicles are worth the price.... that's just it, opinions are like a.... well you know. ;)

ScramFan and DarkSky like this.
  14. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Of course. Anything said that isn't a number or specific provable value is always an opinion.

15. 2012srtchallenger

Supporter

To answer questions on the grand I have had over 70 cars and was a Chrysler tech for 28 years so I am not a novice.when I drive my cars I enjoy the drive I usually can't wait to have the time to get them out.the grand did not feel that way it was more of do I have to.i hope this explains my statements.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  16. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Please remember that the Jeeps (as a group) tend to appeal to a more moneyed demographic than most FCA vehicles so, that Hellcat GC is a direct competitor IMHO where at least bragging rights are concerned if cross shopping the higher end Land Rovers, Mercedes, Teslas, etc. SUV's.

17. CDJSalesPro

Level III Supporter

No it doesn't.......but thats Ok:rolleyes:

18. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

R/T would be more than enough for me. I hope my next vehicle is a 300s V6 unless those big wheels make for a less than smooth ride. Now days comfort and safety is high on my priority list.

19. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

It makes sense to me. I've had a vehicle that I got zero enjoyment out of driving. So I got rid of it. Sounds like that is his problem, at least to me.

mlgreen, Mike V. and valiant67 like this.
  20. mlgreen

mlgreen Member

After seeing that FCA still has horrendous orange peel issues and the overall dealer experience, I don't care about them throwing tons of horsepower in a Jeep, I personally wouldn't spend six figures on one. At the dealership I was at today yet again getting warranty work done there was 2017 Jeep SRT that had orange peel so bad I'd be embarrassed to be seen in that thing. I love my Durango problems aside but when you're in six figure territory it a whole new ball game. To each his own I guess, I'm sure these will sell.