AF: I retired and I think My LHS wants to as well | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I retired and I think My LHS wants to as well

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by movinyou, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?
    Level 2 Supporter

I don't think E10 or ethanol-free will make much of a difference in how your car runs, though your gas mileage will be slightly better without ethanol. If the gas is dirty, that might make a difference. Which reminds me, when did you last replace your gas filter?

Your vapor-return system location might make a difference if you're filling up while your car is on an angle instead of flat. I had a D100 with the vapor canister disconnected and removed before I bought it. When I filled up and tried to top off with the front end pointing downhill, it leaked gas from that opening. If you top off on a severe enough angle toward the canister, gas might enter it.

You might consider buying various sensors from a junkyard and seeing if they change anything. In my Dakota, a new IAC went bad less than a year after it was replaced, but the unit I bought from a junkyard has been performing fine going on two years.

2. movinyou

movinyou Active Member

Goona try a few cycles of not filling it all the way and see what happens. After it cleared up the other day, the IAC was reacting as it was suppose to.

3. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

I doubt it's the vapor return system. I mean, I never fill any of my vehicles past the first click since I don't like wasting fuel, but on the 300M when my aunt tried filling my mom's and she went for another go, it barfed fuel out on her - she said she didn't understand why, and I said "The sticker on the fuel door says do not top it off!"

If it's the crank sensor it will misbehave seemingly randomly until it outright dies on you. I know everyone says not to buy non-Mopar sensors, but it was $35 well spent for the one at Advance Auto for me. They always run 25-30% off online orders, free in-store pickup.

4. movinyou

movinyou Active Member

ok I'll give it a shot