AF: Impala gas cap gasket | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impala gas cap gasket

Discussion in 'Non-Mopar Tech Support' started by Scrounge, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

2008 Impala, 3.5 engine. After returning home, I added gas to the Impala's tank, and noticed that the gas cap has a rubber gasket that appears worn, which could be a possible cause of the occasional P0455 code. The gasket goes against the filler tube. A quick online search didn't return anything about the gasket alone. Is it possible to just replace the gasket, and if so, where would I find one aftermarket? Napa, O'Reilly and CarQuest are in this town, and Advance, AutoZone and A-Line are about 25 miles away.

2. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I'm guessing that the gas cap is replaced as a unit and the gasket is not available separately.

DC-93, chuzz, valiant67 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

That's what I've so far seen. If the gasket can be found separately, I'd rather do that, as the gas cap is over $20 everywhere I've looked.

4. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Try a junkyard..

5. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

Thanks. Stant is pretty good brand. And junkyards are also a good idea, I've just not been to one for a while. The gasket might be in better shape in a Michigan junkyard than here, as they tend to dry out in the Texas heat.

6. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Stant is probably the OEM for the cap.