Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Instrument Cluster Recall Help 2006 Durango

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee, Durango, etc' started by trembuzz, Jan 2, 2017.

1. trembuzz

trembuzz New Member

My used 2006 Durango Limited has some glitches with the instrument cluster. The Tire Pressure Monitor light is on yet this feature was not available for the 2006 model. Also, the "Cargo Light" for the rear hatch stays illuminated even after the door is closed. This light does eventually go out after 2 or three cycles but always comes back on with subsequent hatch openings. I believe the instrument cluster was changed due to a recall concerning a fire hazard from over heating. I'm hoping a dealer can reconfigure the cluster or reprogram the BCM to address these issues. If anyone has any info regarding this problem any help would be greatly appreciated.

trembuzz

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The recall (edit: Recall # G07) was a wiring terminal relocation and a cluster software reprogram (flash). There were some clusters that didn't take the repair and had to be replaced.
    https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/G07.pdf
    The instrument cluster was a 'module' that controlled many functions previously done by a BCM/CTM in the older Durango/Dakota. It is fully addressable with a capable scan tool and can store fault codes.
    It is configured to the options on the vehicle and is VIN-specific. If someone just put a newer junkyard cluster in it without configuring it, it could think that it still has TPM and just isn't seeing it?