NewsWhat’s special about the Demon? • Demon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the next Chrysler 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by srm3500, Mar 15, 2017.

1. tomaz

tomaz Active Member

how about for the next Chryslers, F Areo and give us Big bold grills.

2. sickboy

sickboy Member

First of all, kudos on the rendering darksky. Don't take any guff from people who havent graduated from crayons. (...I'd guess that would be me, too). I really like the sill into rear fender flare. Much better than the Chevy lower cut line into half rear fender fiasco, I mean treatment. I'll agree that the portal front end doesn't meld very well on a sedan, but this rendering does help us visualize what could be. My thought is maybe the rear glass roof idea might make A very interesting magnum replacement. 300 had an estate version offshores. And if dodge is sporty now, maybe Chrysler would be a better fit?

Dave Z and ScramFan like this.
  3. Medicin-Man

Medicin-Man Member

You did a great job. Obviously, it would be even better if the whole car had the same styling language. Take absolutely no insult from this, I know how complicated it really is to make such drawings. Anyway, I would love to own a car looking that great, maybe a little bit smaller than this E-segment beast. :)

DarkSky and Dave Z like this.
  4. pt006

pt006 Member

The new Chrysler must retain some of its classic looks. Similar to Cadillacs. You'll know one when you see one.

Keep it big or bigger, inside and outside. ----- And then make a little smaller FWD/AWD Chrysler but still big enough on the inside for rear seat passengers. Not looking to build another sports car, too many out there now.

dennisimperial likes this.
  5. Nell_Z

Nell_Z New Member

I want to say I don't like it, but certain specific areas stand out to me that I'd love to see.

The one that sticks out most to me is that side crease that seemingly runs from the headlight assembly and back, mirrored on the bottom. I don't know what made you think of that element, but it's brilliant. I'd hope we see that, it modernizes the look.

You also did this rendering:

[​IMG]

That overall face, with what you did to the side here:

[​IMG]

I wish I could Photoshop to show what I'm seeing, but that would be an amazing evolution to the look of this car. Make it flow, as opposed to the blockiness we've come to know, but also still have that big luxury sedan appearance we've come to know. Also, the Portal wheels look surprisingly good on the 300, who would've known.

6. Ian

Ian Car Freak

Clean the front end of it and I think it would draw attention back to Chrysler. It is something Chrysler needs right now.

7. Roadram

Roadram New Member

Top picture, yes. Bottom, no

rapidtrans likes this.
  8. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

i honestly think theres room for both fwd hybrid/electric E sized and rwd conventional full sized in Chryslers docket

dakota21 and Ian like this.
  9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

I wonder if any FCA design execs read Allpar...it would be interesting to know if they were taking notes. :)

10. Ian

Ian Car Freak

I've said it before, a RWD/AWD 300 and a FWD Concorde...

11. Tomguy

Tomguy Member Level 2 Supporter

The original 300 was something different. Many people thought it was hideous - myself included. It sold like crazy and drove more buyers to Chrysler than it would have otherwise had from, say, an evolution of the 300M design.

The same could be said about the Cherokee. While the 300C has grown on me a bit, I still can't say I care for the Cherokee, but it sells in very high numbers - presumably because it's different.

Many people buy cars as statements. Not just expensive ones. People bought the boxes because they were different. People buy the Juke because it's different. People bought the "New" Beetle because it was different. If FCA can release something different that sells, and keep it fresh enough, it can be a real winner.

12. unverferth

unverferth Active Member

Good effort.
    But even with the front end it (to me) says "me too". The original 300 (well the current version) was bold and different. You knew exactly what is was and did not blend in with all the jelly bean lookalikes out there. What's with the gaping mouth grilles and wraparound headlights you see on just about every new car these days. (yes I know....crash standards, cooling requirements...etc.) We NEED to be different and that doesn't mean ugly. The current Challenger is a great example of that.

freshforged likes this.
  13. 2012srtchallenger

2012srtchallenger Member Supporter

the Toyota makes them this ugly and they sell so who am I to say anything against the design

14. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

But Toyota sells on perceived quality. Chrysler has to sell on design and price. The KL Cherokee has been brought up a few times as ugly that sells, but the Cherokee also has the Jeep reputation, maybe some XJ Cherokee reputation, and is an all around good to excellent vehicle (sans early 9-speed issues) for most people in a booming segment where Jeep is a strong brand. A 300 with RWD and Hemi power won't guarantee strong sales, just look at the current numbers. Chrysler needs the 300 to be a styling hit even if it's the highest quality vehicle ever produced in history. It would take years before anyone believed Chrysler=Quality while style takes just a glance.

DAGAR, Erik Latranyi and freshforged like this.
  15. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Member

UGH, no. Just NO. This looks like a typical electric car. In other words bleak, faceless and anonymous. Definitely something for the appliance buyers who don't shop FCA. This would run off the customer that wants a Chrysler product to in any way resemble a large American car. And those wheels are ghastly...but I despise those ninja blade cabbage shredder looking styles universally.

Oh and let me be clear: I appreciate that time was taken to photoshop this, and Im not knocking the quality of the work. The look of the rendering does NOT appeal to me personally, and its just not very 'Chrysler' looking.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Roadram and UN4GTBL like this.