NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the next Chrysler 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by srm3500, Mar 15, 2017.

1. tomaz

tomaz Active Member

the scale of the back to the rest of the car seems alil off. but i prefer the original 300 tailamps.

2. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable Level III Supporter

I'm not sure if I like it. Maybe get rid of the upper horizontal portion of the taillight. I think I might like it better then. Or even better, just keep the lower horizontal portion.

3. SUPER Q

SUPER Q Member

As a youngster growing up at the Proving Grounds in Chelsea, Michigan I had the luxury, I guess you would call it, to travel with my Dad who would take me on some test drive trips in Michigan dating back to late 40's Plymouths, DeSoto's and Chryslers. Later on Dodges in the middle 50's which started to show their performance traits early on. I loved every time I was near the new test models, seeing the design work with the ultimate change in the 1955 model year. I usually was able to see project cars about two years in advance and marveled at the changes they made year to year. It is now too expensive to make the singular model year changes with major ones every three or so.

This rendering of the 300 is magnificent, I would not change anything in the front or rear of this vehicle. The rear design immediately struck me as reminiscent of the 1964 Imperial, not sure why, but this car I would buy immediately (as long as it had the 392 Hemi and SRT package). Really nice job, well done!

Dave Z likes this.
  4. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

The "300" on the rear needs to be increased 1000% and chrome. Boom, luxury vehicle. (drops mic)

dennisimperial, wvutuba and Zagnut27 like this.
  5. Tomguy

Tomguy Member Level 2 Supporter

I actually think if Chrysler made a 300 that looked like these renderings, that it'd take #1 in sales in the segment. The Charger & Impala wouldn't be able to touch it.

DarkSky, Dave Z and Ian like this.
  6. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Active Member Level III Supporter

This I like....

danbek likes this.
  7. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

I gotta say, I like this a lot better than the front. Can you flip the tail lights and have the longer horizontal portions on top? I'm curious

8. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I've always wanted adaptive cruise for reverse driving...

9. BobbiBigWheels

Btw @DarkSky - thank you for creating a thread of positivity and genuine well-wishing for a car in the FCA lineup. Refreshing.

10. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

It was on the Portal, figured if the 300 is Chrysler's top end car it should be the first to get some self driving tech. Yes, I overthink things.

danbek and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  11. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Member

Clearly this is New Yorker, not 300... Beautiful!!!

12. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Member

Sad, but true... Long wheelbase would be a nice touch too.

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

I seen an early design theme proposal.... not the final design theme for the Chrysler 300. It had some cab forward design to the green house and had a vent in the front fender, low sleek roofline and a sharp crease through the belt line that got near the back window did a coke bottle shape kink but was made with straight edges not curves. The rear 3/4 had that same line that came off the beltline and did a 180 like the 2015-2017 Chrysler 200 had. The rear of the car had a boat tail shape to it like the 2006 Chrysler Imperial Concept but wasn't as block or edge like, but rounded and smooth. The clay looked like a more elegant, yet aggressive 200 (front end was very concept like, all blacked out) but the side looked like it was more like they took a chance at breaking the mold rather than following the lead, like the did with the 2015-2017 Chrysler 200.

[​IMG]
    2006 Chrysler Imperial Concept

dakota21, DarkSky and dennisimperial like this.
  14. BobbiBigWheels

^^^

That would sell. And sell freaking well. Looks like a modern Nash or Studebaker. Love that.

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

They have lots of themes to pull from... you what is one of the most forgotten about cars, was the 2000 Chrysler 300 HEMI C Concept. When it came out everyone talked about it. It looked like the 300M but on steroids. Such a beautiful car. The Bob Gale (tons of great concepts came from him), Robert Hubbach (who designed the 1996 Viper GTS, 1997 Viper GTS/R, 2000 Chrysler Nassau design which lead to the 2005 Chrysler 300C, and 1995 Chrysler Atlantic Concept), Freeman Thomas (who is now at Ford) and Trevor Creed (who push the envelope for realistic future designs) had the Chrysler studios design some of the most beautiful concept cars ever during the 1990s. The 2000 Chrysler 300 HEMI C Concept was one of them.

AvengerGuy and jimboy like this.