NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the next Chrysler 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by srm3500, Mar 15, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  2. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Member Level III Supporter

I like that,never seen it before.

Max Wedge and redriderbob like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Before the 2005 Chrysler 300C debuted at the 2003 New York Auto Show thanks to Ralph Gilles team, the original design study was done again by Robert Hubbach. I have a copy of the original drawing of the car in my office, but here is the design study for the so called 2000 Chrysler Nassau. The car was originally going to be called 300N. This car was never shown to the public, with the except of it being on display for four months back in 2007 at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum.

images.jpg images1.jpg images2.jpg nassau2.jpg nassau2000concept.jpg

4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Part of me is thinking what if they went this direction instead, sort of, with it?
    [​IMG]
    .. sighs as the image doesn't work. again.

5. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

Looks like the image works in a reply.
    Edit: Or not... I like that style though. A throwback to the original Charger.

6. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Weird, the image does come up in reply but back to the red X when posted.

I love the wide, flat-ish grill on the current Charger, but would like something more neo-classic business traditional with the 300. Neo-classic business traditional... Could I have thought of something more descriptive that gives zero actual description??:oops:

7. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I would personally like to see that styling on a Challenger IMO. The old Duke's of Hazard Charger is nothing like the current generation, and much more like a Challenger. That flat front would work on a Chally IMO.

8. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

That's from the '71 300/Imperial actually, the grille inspiration.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Back when car size was measured by the acre...

10. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Active Member

An honest to God trunk lid big enough for things other than golf and duffle bags to go through.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Member

Really? Let me show you something. What youre looking at is a vehicle, NOT a constipated pokemon. Here in Portland, OR which is loaded with green-ies, treehuggers, enviro enthusiasts, eco warriors...whatever you want to call them. That hideous looking skidmark is still actually selling, despite the fact that anyone who can afford one can afford something that actually looks cool. Forget Tesla, that's a high end ego-stroke for rich execs looking to show off their money or who have genuine interest in EV technology. I'm referencing people who buy hybrids to make some kind of political statement, and that's a HUGE majority especially in this area. Arguably, there are some people who spend time in bumper to bumper traffic and who might see some benefit from a hybrid or electric and something more conventional like a camry or accord hybrid is an all around better car. However, when youre at the farmers market or the feminist rally or whatever that crowd does for fun, it wont get you noticed. When your mode of transportation is so horribly deformed then you really MUST care about mother earth, and you'd do well to wear that sentiment on your sleeve for all the world to see. I'm sure if you talk to enough people theres SOMEONE out there who actually likes the looks of this dumpster fire, so no I'm not dealing in absolutes here.

Attached Files:

12. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Member

Actually from behind its not too bad. Something is also not sitting right to my eye...I think the trunk's height is way too tall...dropped down by like 3-4" might do the trick.

13. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

I think it's a visual illusion. The trunk height wasn't modified from the current car in that rendering.

srm3500 likes this.
  14. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Member

Possibly. Or maybe its too wide at the top, I'm not sure. But what can I really say...your photoshop skills are head and shoulders above my ability to draw a straight line so theres that!

Bajanbuoy likes this.
  15. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

I agree with you on this. Whoever decided that hybrids need to be hideous needs to be punched right in the throat. The Tesla Model S and similar vehicles prove that a low drag coefficient can be achieved without funky wedge shapes. And the Portal proves that you can have a modern electric design without looking like a blob.

dakota21, ScramFan and BobbiBigWheels like this.