NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the next Chrysler 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by srm3500, Mar 15, 2017.

1. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

One of my favourite phrases.

My question is why is that baby blue being associated with all hybrid/electric cars? Who decided that?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

3. BobbiBigWheels

Hippy stuff.

I don't think a Hybrid should have any discernable difference in appearance other than maybe a badge. Otherwise it becomes an ego thing.

4. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

Yep, I agree with that.

5. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable Level III Supporter

My Hemi Charger has blue lights on the interior. Does that mean it is environmentally friendly?

Ian, UN4GTBL, aldo90731 and 2 others like this.
  6. BobbiBigWheels

Yes.

UN4GTBL, GasAxe, danbek and 1 other person like this.
  7. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Woah! Been there, done that, hippy stuff is more like green or dirt brown. Actually I don't rember! :D

BobbiBigWheels, Prabhjot and Zagnut27 like this.
  8. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

Yeah, I think you're right on this regarding the Prius and the similar-looking hybrids/electric vehicles. I've read some articles on this, and from what I've seen, these folks buy these vehicles because they do stand out and they do make a statement. Not everyone who buys one though, to be sure.

My first degree is in Biology. With course work in chemistry, biochem, environmental pollution, ecology, etc, I understand the workings of this big ole blue planet fairly well and I understand why we need to do certain things to maintain and protect it. That being said, I don't feel the need to bash people over the head with it and rub their noses in my "eco-friendliness". I owned a Wrangler, and hope to again some day. I'm in favor of performance vehicles of all kinds. But I do like to see the automakers squeeze every ounce of fuel economy out of their products because I know it will save me money at the pump, it's responsible, and it advances technology...but I don't want it to the point where I can no longer buy the vehicles that I really want. There can be a balance struck without being idiots about it IMO. Hybrid and electric versions of regular vehicles make much more sense to me. They are fuel efficient without all of the "look at me" that comes with vehicles like Prius or Volt. But then, to each their own I guess.

I don't know...kind of rambling there a bit...take it for what it's worth I guess...:D

Devildodge and jerseyjoe like this.
  9. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Member

If you DID remember.....then you probably didn't enjoy the 1960's / 70's:p:D

10. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

Some like to show off their manly performance, others their tree-hugging. I don't see anything wrong in that.

What I find a bit deceptive is that some buy a Prius to save money in gas, but then wrap themselves in green.

No doubt the two are linked, but the motives are very different: one is to save the planet; the other to save money money in the pocket.

11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

I don't think the two have to be mutually exclusive...necessarily...some people are multifaceted, and extremely complex...like me. :):D:p

12. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

The two are very much connected. But being cheap and being green are clearly not the same thing :)

Zagnut27 likes this.
  13. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

So so, my high speed running down RT 80 that went no where at the time was interupted by stomping around asian jungles for a while then back to purchase a Plymouth Sattelite, Super Bee and a fully loaded Charger. Got slowed down by the man for a while but full sized Vans came along full of hippie chicks. :) :)

Zagnut27 likes this.
  14. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Now THIS,.... I can get behind.... Get it??? lol

15. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable Level III Supporter

And cheap and inexpensive are not necessarily same thing.

aldo90731 likes this.