AF: Its coming... | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its coming...

Discussion in 'Rumors and General Chrysler Discussion' started by redriderbob, Aug 14, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I agree. Toyota is not going to go through the trouble of reintroducing FJ Cruiser just to sell 50,000 units/year, like the last one did. And it is going to accomplish this without all the fanfare Ford is doing for Bronco.

I was seriously considering Bronco at one point. But Ford’s non-stop hype has gotten so out of hand, that I am now completely turned off by the entire thing.

2. aldo90731

My point exactly:

3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, I think Ford fans are still going to buy these, in addition to those who are looking for an alternative to a Wrangler. Wrangler has been pretty much the only game in town for quite a while now...and with less than stellar quality & reliability & dealer experience...there may be quite a few customers looking to switch. Time will tell on that...a long time apparently. Lol.

Will they keep their sales numbers and grow them over time? That’s a big question. Bronco is an old nameplate, like Wagoneer and FJ. It’s got value, but these are new vehicles. Wrangler has built up a legacy over decades, and it’ll be hard to compete with that over the long run...it’s the tried and true choice vs the latest shiny things.

tlc, page2171 and aldo90731 like this.
  4. aldo90731

If Ford is able to share Bronco’s underpinnings with the next Ranger, as it is reportedly planning to do, then it becomes easier to keep Bronco around even if Bronco sales settle around 80,000/year.

I for one, am already saturated with Bronco hype. Bronco is on YouTube 24/7. And there are only 12 more months of this to go...ugh

hmk123, Zagnut27 and James A like this.
  5. LoganSix

LoganSix Well-Known Member

6. LoganSix

LoganSix Well-Known Member