Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official! Jeep Wrangler JL and Hurricane power

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Nov 29, 2017.

1. dakota21

Supporter

IIRC the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon regular cabs aren't available with their small diesel, but the four doors have it. Might be an issue similar to the JL?

2. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

There is no regular cab Colorado or Canyon but the diesel is available with the extended cab in ZR2 trim. That is the only configuration of extended cab that is available with the diesel on the Colorado. The Canyon has no diesel/extended cab option.

3. dakota21

Supporter

My mistake. I forgot that they had a couple small seats in the back of those.

DarkSky likes this.
  4. JRS200x

JRS200x CJDR + FIAT SALES PERSON
    Level 2 Supporter

I would also wager that the lack of the diesel in the 2 door is due to fitment. The cat, DEF tank etc, most likely take up too much space and the exhaust just doesn't fit properly.

5. WXman

WXman Active Member

My guess is that EcoDiesel availability has nothing to do with fitment or engineering and has everything to do with marketing and packaging. Consider that over the last 15 years, ALL light duty diesel 4x4s sold in the U.S. have been upper trim levels only. You can't just select the absolute base model and add the diesel. Hasn't worked that way on any other vehicles, including the new Chevy Colorado. Yes, the Ram 1500 technically can be built that way which is shocking but those are as rare as hen's teeth.

The fact that Jeep is apparently going to offer the diesel on ANY Sport models at all is shocking to me. It's no surprise that the 2-door, which is the lowest seller, is going without the option.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. HEMI345

HEMI345 Member

Window sticker

[​IMG]

MJAB and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. JRS200x

JRS200x CJDR + FIAT SALES PERSON
    Level 2 Supporter

Huh? We have sold plenty of 1500 4x4 TRADESMAN diesels... You can absolutely buy the lower trim package with the diesel. So where are you getting your information? Unless you are implying something else that I am missing...

Again, we have sold A LOT of work truck 1500's with the 3.0L Diesel in them.

GasAxe, BASONE88 and DAGAR like this.
  8. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

The $45k must be a placeholder. No way that's base MSRP without options. That's pricier than a JK Rubicon.

9. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

Correction Notice:
    This Is Engine is Machined (Blocks, Heads, and Cranks) and Assembled the Trenton Engine Plant North.
    It's the "Old" Plant Building.
    The South Plant Has and Is Machining and Assembling the V-6.
    I Know Because I Helped Install and Set Up the "Flex" Equipment a Couple of Years Ago Before I "Re" Retired for the 3rd Time.
    Historical Tidbit:
    The H-Engine Assembly Line Sits on the Same Real Estate Where the B & RB V- 8 Intake Manifolds and Oil Pumps were Made.
    The Head Line Sits on the Real Estate Where the the V-8 Crank Shafts were Made.
    Later This Real Estate Was Used for the 2.2/2.5L Cylinder Heads. And After That Some of It was used for the 3.5L Conn-Rod Line
    and the 3.3/3.8L Con-Rod Line.
    As I Stated Before There is Some Amount of Good Karma Involved Here.

Dave VB

wtxiceman, ScramFan, somber and 4 others like this.
  10. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Not to mention it doesn't have colors listed or whether it's JL or jk. The option groups have been edited out, and I see no reason to do that with the color when the VIN is right there.

11. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Level 2 Supporter

Also a price ending in exactly "000" doesn't happen.

xjgary likes this.
  12. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The "Apple CarPlay" gives away that it's a JL but everything does look kind of sketchy with this window sticker.

13. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

I remember the diesel was only available in higher end Grand Cherokees at one time. Well in Canada it was. The cheapest way to get the 3.0L Diesel was the RAM 1500 Tradesmen as you said.

Wil

14. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I thought you could get that on anything with the new uConnect 4 system? e.O (which i thought included the final JKs)

15. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

No JK had the new Uconnect system.

suzq044 likes this.
  16. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I just pulled the VIN. It's Firecracker Red with the Cold Weather Group and LED Lighting Group.

wilbur and suzq044 like this.
  17. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

The 2017 Pacificas have uConnect 4, but does not have CarPlay/AA

18. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Level 2 Supporter

Suz Uconnect 430 is on JKs, the old POS Uconnect rectangle;
    [​IMG]

UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  19. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Does anyone know how the 2.0 runs? If that Hurricane is anything like the ecoboost 2.0 in my wife’s Disco Sport then it will have plenty of power once the turbos kick in but it is a complete dog down low. Zero torque through a healthy amount of turbo lag then POW!... Right in the kisser. It’s a bit of a challenge when we take it off road. That’s the problem with those turbocharged 4 bangers. What did FCA do to help it out? Better tuning? Better low end gearing?

xjgary likes this.
  20. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

It’s got to have the 4C for Car play... correct? That’s what my Power Wagon has. The Car Play is awesome. I like the 4C in its improved look and faster speed but so far it’s been very buggy. I half expect it to crash at any given moment. So far I’m less than thrilled. But I’m holding out hope.
    It’s given me more glitches in two weeks than all of my previous 8.4s gave me since 2013.