Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official! Jeep Wrangler JL and Hurricane power

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Nov 29, 2017.

1. T_690

T_690 Active Member

eTorque?

DarkSky likes this.
  2. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

But that isn't here yet.
    So until that comes JL's with the turbo 4 might do better if they are pavement queens.
    Touchy, "nothing, then a lot" throttles don't lend themselves to finesse driving off road.
    Instead you get a lot of "too much speed and banging around". I wouldn't want to do that with a Dana 35.

xjgary likes this.
  3. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

8 speed has nice low gearing and the engine is tuned to provide low end torque rather than high end hp. Better torque than the current 6.

ramajama likes this.
  4. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Seems that both UConnect 4 and UConnect 4C systems have Carplay/AA

Look at the 2018 Charger/Challenger - Dodge Uconnect System - Select a Uconnect System (at https://www.dodge.com/uconnect.html#systems )

5. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

During my brief time with the 2017 Charger, I had the same issue. The newer screens tend to have many more issues than the older ones and it often restarted itself or stopped music playback randomly.

6. T_690

T_690 Active Member

[​IMG]

An internal JL info sheet provided to one JLWF member may have just answered many key remaining questions about the 2018 JL Wrangler including: Sport, Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon pricing, 2.0-liter turbo engine fuel economy figures and a preview of several new and upcoming exterior paint colors.

The info sheet provides both 2- and 4-door MSRP showing a price increase of between $2100-$2750 across the lineup. On the low end, the 4-door Sport and Sport S are priced at $29,995 and $33,195 respectively, and the top trim 2-door Rubicon starts at $36,395 while the Rubicon Unlimited is $40,195 — right in line with what we expected.

If these prices hold true, it will be a big relief to many who feared a much larger increase after a JLWF spotted this JLU Sahara window sticker.

The info sheet also reveals the JL’s upcoming 2.0L BSG turbo engine gas mileage to be 21/24 (city/hwy) MPG for both 2 and 4 door models.

In another big discovery for potential buyers, the info sheet also provides a swatch of all paint colors (both at launch and late-availability) including several we have yet to see — namely, Punk’n Metallic, Sting-Gray and Ocean Blue Metallic.

JL Pricing, 2.0L MPG, Colors Preview Shown in Internal Info Sheet – 2018+ Jeep Wrangler (JL) Forums – New Jeep Wrangler (JL / JT) News and Forum – JLwranglerforums.com (at http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/jl-pricing-2-0l-mpg-colors-preview-shown-in-internal-info-sheet/ )

AlfaCuda and Deckard_Cain like this.
  7. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I don’t think any of the turbo 4 models are coming without E-Torq. What is leading you to believe that?

eggwhite93, suzq044 and jorisr like this.
  8. JRS200x

JRS200x CJDR + FIAT SALES PERSON
    Level 2 Supporter

The press release? The turbo 4 is what they mentioned the E-torq being on...

9. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

If one looks the owner's manual, that appeared some time ago, for example in the specifications for fluids capacities there is:

"...
    2.0L Engine Intercooler with Motor Generator Unit (MGU) (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
    ..."

but also

"...
    2.0L Engine Intercooler without Motor Generator Unit (MGU) (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
    ..."

The 2.0 with BSG needs for the intercooler circuit 3.3 liters, while the one without 3.0 liters.

Plus the 2.0 with BSG needs also 2.4 liters of liquid to cool the battery.

Same is for the 3.6, there will be one with BSG and will need liquid to cool the MGU
    "... 3.6L Motor Generator Unit (MGU) (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent) ..." as well as the liquid for cooling the battery "...
    3.6L Battery Coolant (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent) ...".

suzq044 likes this.
  10. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Nice catch; I had been wondering if the Hurricane was available without the hybrid setup. Good. Though I wonder if one is for export, and one is for NA consumption.

xjgary and DarkSky like this.
  11. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Active Member

E torq sounds like a good brand name for EVs

12. suzq044

I think they should've gone with a different name, with how many enthusiasts are going to look up info on JL and find info relating to E.torQ instead of eTorque assist that's on the JL.

I think it'd be a good thing to throw in a compact sedan though, too, if we had one (in the US). Hurricane with eTorque assist to hide turbo lag.

13. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I wonder when the Build & Price site will be up for the Wrangler... I'd assume it will be a while but I'm really wanting to spec/price a Wrangler.

suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  14. suzq044

Pff, it's not even up for the '18 Renegade yet, which is odd, IMO; so the '19 JL probably won't be out for a bit yet.

15. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I would think the JL would be given priority since it got a dedicated mini-site and everything. But who knows!

suzq044 likes this.
  16. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Active Member

You would think they could make more profit on a Dart at this point in time if it were still in production at Belvidere being built beside the cherokee. Multiple models at one facility that shared a platform. Heres hoping we get something sooner rather than later.

somber and Erik Latranyi like this.
  17. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

By the way, the VIN on the window sticker is for a JL.

To see, go to https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/Decoder and enter 1C4HJXEG5JW100947

A brand new engine block designed from the ground-up for turbocharging; running at a higher compression ratio off-boost; using a twin-scroll turbocharger; using MultiAir valve control to smooth the transition between off-boost and on-boost.