AF: Jeep and Dodge delay new models | Page 31 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep and Dodge delay new models

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Erik Latranyi, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

The Durango fits well with the Dodge image. There is not that big of a market to have a 5 seat and 7 seat GC and still have the Wagoneer as well. I know quite a few people who would rather have the Durango over the Jeep and most are women. The only reason I would get a GC is if I wanted the SRT, but for that money I could almost get a Scat Pack and a V6 Durango

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Any higher price and I would not have traded up - resulting in lost income.

Mopartial and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Yay, let's just go from minimal to no Jeep standards anymore.

Clearly what we need are more non trail rated Jeeps.

dana44 and Zagnut27 like this.
  4. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Your Durango R/T is a great buy. And you're getting more because you're not paying for the Jeep name nor the Jeep electronic gizmos nor the other Jeep off road characteristics.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  5. CarSalesBill

CarSalesBill Active Member

I would drop 2 wheel drive Grand Cherokees and emphasize advanced AWD on non trail rated Jeeps. Make Jeep the all weather brand with available Trail rated models where applicable.

WS23Mopar likes this.
  6. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

You're kind of all over the map here. In another post you say all SUVs should be Jeep within FCA. And yet you want all advanced AWD and Trail rated models only. If you do that, then you are willing to forgo a ton of FCA profits by no longer selling any 2WD or non trail rated type SUV/CUV of any kind?

7. CarSalesBill

I said 2wd Grand Cherokees. Give Chrysler the minivan and car based family crossovers but emphasize that Jeeps are actual Sports Utilities Vehicles and gradually move them to mostly all wheel drive especially above the Grand Cherokee level and eventually Cherokees as well.

The Durango turned into a Grand Cherokee LWB would be cool in ads along a rustic lake with a kayak on the roof and a bicycle rack hanging off the back.

8. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Because I'm not convinced there needs to be a 3-row Grand Cherokee, nor am I convinced that there should even BE a non-trail rated Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'm also not convinced that the styling of the Grand Cherokee lends itself to being stretched for a 3rd row without looking awkward.

It would also save us from inane naming and marketing - like calling a 3-row Grand Cherokee the "Grand Cherokee Plus" or something just as goofy.

Wagoneer can be the 3-row Jeep.

Hyundai is already doing the showroom confusion thing with the Santa Fe (3 row) and Santa Fe Sport (2 row). In my opinion, the larger Santa Fe should have kept the name of the vehicle it replaced in the lineup - the Veracruz.

All just my opinion, of course. I'm not the target market - if I need 3 rows of seats and don't need Trail Rated capability, I'll get a minivan.

freshforged, UN4GTBL and Muther like this.
  9. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

Mitsu does the same with the Endeavor and Endeavor Sport.

10. CarSalesBill

How about this rendering and talk about building both a 7 passenger Grand and the Wagoneer?
    http://www.germancarforum.com/threads/2017-jeep-grand-wagoneer.51981/

#610 CarSalesBill, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  11. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

It speaks volumes to how hard SuzQ hit the nail on the head when just about every article I see about the upcoming Wagoneer has a post with her rendering and how much it's complimented. So naturally, I expect the 20?? Grand Wagoneer to have none of the same styling sense and will probably look like a stretched Grand Cherokee.:rolleyes:

MoparDanno and wvutuba like this.
  12. CarSalesBill

A 3 row Grand Cherokee would be in the $45K to $65k price range and unlike Durango would sell abroad. The Grand Wagoneer would be $70k+ and would be distinctively different than the Grand Cherokee , more Maseratilike to share costs.

13. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Made me LOL. It was not trail rated, basically a stock minvan, but it did successfully do darned well off road, not bad road, OFF ROAD. I won't speak to the condition in which we left the poor beast.

14. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

GasAxe, danbek and MoparDanno like this.
  15. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

COUGH 2016 Road Runner/Chevelle/Torino/Barracuda COUGH

16. CarSalesBill

It just looks like reskinned Durango which would save tooling costs, development costs and marketing costs. It will sell like crazy.

We will see, I'm right about a lot of these things, it just rings too true with the direction of the company.

17. Stratuscaster

Talk is talk. It ain't officially until it's official.

I see that elongated Grand Cherokee and immediately think how it looks too long to be a Grand Cherokee - but it makes a great Durango.

I won't comment on that Wagoneer render - we've got rendering folks here that have done much better.

UN4GTBL, JKU12 and danbek like this.
  18. Stratuscaster

If that's the case, then if there is this pent-up demand for a 3-row Jeep Grand Cherokee, why have they not just fitted the Grand Cherokee's front fascia to the Durango, changed the graphics and the badging, and called it a day?

(Because it wouldn't be a Jeep.)

And if you are, then you get to say "I told you so."

19. Stratuscaster

You are thinking of the Outlander and Outlander Sport which, unlike the Santa Fe models, actually have significant differences in their styling.

(Endeavor is dead and has been for some time. And was ugly. ;) )

20. CarSalesBill

I could double my Grand Cherokee sales with a 3 seater, back out the Durango sales and I would gain 25% percent more and avoid the pain of losing customers to Ford, Nissan and Toyota. This is just from floor traffic, I bet once it became known there was a Grand Cherokee with a third row sales would explode.

Except for muscle cars, Dodge is a damaged brand and needs extreme focus going forward and Durango is mostly outside that focus. Jeep could easily and more effectively take over for Durango.

#620 CarSalesBill, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015