AF: Jeep and Dodge delay new models | Page 36 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep and Dodge delay new models

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Erik Latranyi, Jun 2, 2015.

1. dana44

Ad-Free Member

I think a small diesel, yeah, the one in the 1500 Ram, would be an excellent choice for the Durango, see what kind of mileage it would have in comparison. Yes, considering there is only one "other than Jeep" SUV, pump up the engine option and see what volume can be made. I am sure it is a good profit machine, why limit it? I would also think that since the 3.0 VM V6 in the 1500 truck is already street legal, packaging wouldn't be very difficult, the engine bays are "similar", and would really be worth the effort, including the only diesel SUV in the category, but feel free to correct me on that one.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. md80891

md80891 Active Member

I wonder if they will ever advertise the advantage of the Eco diesel towing up grade or city fuel economy.

Looking for a chandler last night I came across an ad on how you could not beat one up a hill.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

You're not helping my argument...which I'm gonna lose anyway...lol! Haven't won one for the last 13 years or so... ;)

4. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

Work changes have kept me away from the internet.

First, my wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for Bob Sheaves.

Styling and cargo capacity have me leaning toward a Durango over a Grand Cherokee.
    No need for a 3rd row but yanking it out would give back some of the cargo area that was lost when the GC liftgate glass was sloped instead of remaining more upright.

And there is just something about how longer cargo area side glass makes a better looking vehicle than short side glass. Someone mentioned the Ford Edge. That is a good example of what I mean.

The Grand Cherokee is selling great without that longer side glass but it just isn't a look the trips my trigger. ZJ and WJ styling is much more appealing to me.
    I use cargo area space much more often than I use the rear seat for passengers. But the automobile media crucifies any vehicle that scrimps on rear leg room. So cargo capacity suffers.

So a third row Jeep would be on my radar. Just don't know that I could afford one. But that is the price that comes from styling changes.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  5. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Just saying...happy wife, happy life. And that the Enclave isn't a bad place to be. ;)

Zagnut27 and Mike V. like this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

They are nice cars also.

Mike

7. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

You could have just said "sorry" :rolleyes:

8. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yup. We really like our Encore. Just way too small, and a wee bit underpowered. We both like the Enclave, but I like the Durango a bit more. But whatever the boss wants...lol

But that means I should be able to get my Wrangler in a year or so...:)