Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Commander 4.7 exhaust question

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee, Durango, etc' started by badgerbeerman, Jan 15, 2017.

1. badgerbeerman

badgerbeerman Active Member

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander with a 4.7. I am looking to give the exhaust a little bit more Rumble on a budget does anyone have any ideas. Possibly looking at a Walker chambered Muffler from Jegs or a good cat back exhaust. Does anyone have any ideas thanks

2. dana44

Ad-Free Member

I really like the rumble one gets from the Dynomax muffler. I have them on my 68 Charger and they are awesome.

3. Glopart

Glopart Active Member

I had a Magnaflow cat back system put on my 2006 Dakota with a 4.7 HO. Consists of a single inlet dual outlet muffler with SS pipes to under the bumper. I went for the BIG polished SS exhaust tips. Sounds great and has a lifetime warranty. Cost $350 installed in 2009. That included $90 for the tips. The shop owner recommended against the Dynomax because he had them on his Ram and they created a droning sound inside the cab when cruising at highway speeds. Said it was so annoying he switched to the Magnaflow. As to performance and fuel mileage it's unclear. If it made a difference it's not much. Gas consumption with the 4.7 sucks. My full-size Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab is better. Good Luck

4. dana44

Ad-Free Member

That's weird, I never noticed the drone in my Charger. And mine is 3 inch exhaust which is even more noisy than the 2.5 inch to boot. Oh, well.