Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk joins 'Forza Motorsport 7' in Doritos car pack!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by redriderbob, Dec 6, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

In the past, Forza Motorsport car packs have been sponsored by automotive-related companies such as Alpinestars or Hot Wheels. But this latest car pack for Forza Motorsport 7 has a really bizarre sponsorship: Doritos. Even more so that there aren't any rotary-powered cars (rotors are triangles, thus they look like Doritos). But we can't complain too much, because the cars included are pretty great.

Leading the charge is the absurd Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk with its 707-horsepower supercharged V8 and all-wheel drive.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk joins 'Forza Motorsport 7' in Doritos car pack (at https://www.autoblog.com/2017/12/05/jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-forza-motorsport-7-doritos/ )

2. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Does Forza have exclusive rights to Jeep, game-wise? I think it's the only racing game that has them. Wk, SJ, now wk2.. I'd like to see Gran Turismo wth some Jeep love.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. HEMI345

HEMI345 Member

It's really awesome to see FCA vhicles in the best racing franchise in the world.

UN4GTBL and TripleT like this.
  4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Apparently. The Gran Turismo team hasn't posted a Jeep in forever from what I heard. I really don't play PS too much.

5. suzq044

Forever is exactly that. I am not aware of any Jeep in Gran Turismo. Ever. Hell, the only ram they have isn't even the srt.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

7. TripleT

Level III Supporter

Once I get a Indycar..... it hard to even drive a Mopar :p

suzq044 likes this.
  8. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

This is why I gave up on Gran Turismo. I don't need or want 1,200 Skylines, and 800 Miatas and nothing from FCA in the past decade.

Jared26 and suzq044 like this.
  9. suzq044

Don't forget about rx7 and Supra. Lol

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

They don't have that problem in GT Sport, the newest version. They just added the 97 Rx7 back into the game

11. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Outside of off-road games (like SpinTires where the Wrangler and CJ are popular as mods), only a few other non-Forza games have Grand Cherokees (that you can drive). The Crew (2014) and The Crew 2 (2018) has the 2012 GC SRT8. Need For Speed World has the WK2 GC SRT8 and many other games also have some Jeeps in them.

I use IGCD (Like IMDB but for cars) to find cars in recent games (mostly to make sure there's some kind of Mopar Muscle in the game before I think about getting that game LOL!): IGCD.net: Home page (at http://www.igcd.net/index.php )

Here's the list of WK2 GCs in various video games on the same site: IGCD.net: Jeep WK2 in video games (at http://www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Jeep&model=WK2 )

And as a little bonus, here's the TJ in various video games: www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Jeep&model=TJ

Before you get sucked into the mass rabbit hole that is IGCD, let me explain what the stars next to the car's names are. The red one is a playable vehicle. Red and orange is playable but only after you unlock the car. Red and Blue is a car that is playable but only after you get the DLC the car comes with. Red, orange, and Blue is a car that's playable only after you get the DLC for the car and unlock the car (AKA: Get the DLC + Unlock car after purchasing the DLC = drivability of the car).

The green star is for cars only in CGI scenes (like game trailers).

suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  12. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

I find Gran Turismo is just horrible compared to Forza, I think I stopped with GT4 but have had every Forza since the very first one. I've played a few newer GT demos but still don't think it even compares.

HEMI345 and UN4GTBL like this.
  13. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I personally find the newst gt better then the newest forza but i still don't like either game comapred to iracing, project cars, assetto corsa, ect.

14. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

That's a cool site, thanks!

Yeah, I was loyal to GT until about GT4 as well. The lack of new Chyrsler vehicles really turned me off, and then I ended up with an Xbox and started with Forza 2 I think? The only game I've ever completed 100% was Forza 3. I really like the casual nature of Forza Horizon as well.

I do tire of "just" racing though. I guess that's why I enjoy Forza Horizon and the NFS franchise too (cop chases + traffic)

Those all look like great games too.

HEMI345 and Jared26 like this.
  15. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

Horizon is a good time too, not a fan of the NFS games personally.

16. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

As a fan of EDM music and cars... Horizon is my favorite.

Cody's Car Conundrum and UN4GTBL like this.
  17. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

We should all try to get a game going.

18. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Before I got FH1 I got the XB360 version of FH2. After having gotten the first game though, I much preferred the FH1 world. It's more vibrant and alive (with the leafs on some of the roads and the hot-air balloons flying in the air). That was worth getting the game oh so many years after the initial release haha. I loved NFS MW2012 but FH1 was a better game to me. I got some pretty sweet pictures of my Viper I had in the game too :D

FH1 Viper Image Enlarged Group 2 No82.png FH1 Viper Image Enlarged Group 2 No83.png FH1 Viper Image Enlarged Group 2 No121.png
    FH1 Viper Image Enlarged Group 2 No15.png

Attached Files:

UN4GTBL likes this.