AF: Jeep Grand Wagoneer Plug-in-Hybrid Concept | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Grand Wagoneer Plug-in-Hybrid Concept

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by 1999 White C5 Coupe, Sep 3, 2020.

1. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

I think some of you are jumping the gun on the like or dislike.

A good example are the new GM trucks, they were slammed by the pics that were first shown not to mention the interiors were disappointment. I wasn't a fan either. Just like the new Bronco to me. Not a real fan but I will wait to see it in person.

I think the same with the Grand Wagoneer. I can wait to see it in person and the real version. This is the first time I am taking a liking to 24" wheels...

If this is the future for FCA's interior's, bring it on. The next gen RAM trucks will be amazing. Love the passenger screen!!!

What am I saying, wait and see...

Wil

Tony K, ScramFan and tlc like this.
  2. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

I concur...it is my belief that this design we are seesawing about had been finalized before Sergio's passing and the focus had since moved on to the interior and appointments. So, by them calling this a concept, perhaps (me dreaming here) there is a more visually appealing body (paying homage to the original) reserved for the actual debut....just wishful thinking, though.

ScramFan likes this.
  3. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

It was...see below.

Screenshot_20200308-155249_Gmail_wm.jpg

ScramFan, suzq044, HEMI345 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Good call, Scottina. Anyone observing may ntoice that the interior was changed a lot more than the sheet metal. The grille was just a swap-out which explains why they didn't go with a taller Wagoneer grille and delete the lower frowny-face “actual intake.”

XRT2SRT and wilbur like this.
  5. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

They made huge advances in the interior. Will definitely be worth the wait!

6. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

And a consequential change of the D-PILLAR this late in the development might had forced requisite crash testing: increasing cost and/or scavenging dollars allocated to this awesome interior we now see (much better than earlier proposal shown above). Correct me if I'm wrong....

7. SRTBrandon

SRTBrandon Well-Known Member

To reiterate, here is a Facebook post from an FCA designer from the day of the reveal (I apparently have a few mutual friends and one of them shared):

Screenshot_20200906-220534~2.png

8. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

They could always keep the structure there and change it cosmetically. they can do the swept back D Pillar while the current D Pillar would be covered by the glass of the whole window.

suzq044 likes this.
  9. cygnus

cygnus Well-Known Member

That Gantt chart looks ancient. This really did start off as a Chrysler and it shows.

10. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Looks awesome in black!

11. MIKE3187

MIKE3187 Active Member

the centre armrest looks a lot narrower.. could be the illustration playing tricks but was this even BOF Ram-based at the time or was this on the GC platform like originally planned?

Hopefully none of these design attributes make it to the Wagoneer version, cheapening it up

Quambi likes this.
  12. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

It's just a detailed sketch, it's pretty difficult to get the scale spot on, even in digital. It does seem a little narrower too, the exterior. Maybe this was when they were deciding.. I think this was probably that dealer show image.

13. MIKE3187

MIKE3187 Active Member

i just watched the Gilles interview and what he said about an earlier version having pillars extend into the roof more checks out

And the front and rear light design is very close to some other sketches shown a while back where it looked like a bigger GC.. the concept looks much better than these IMO

14. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Agreed, but it can still be improved upon to not make it so.. generic Jeep looking (lighting aside)

MIKE3187 likes this.
  15. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

No heated seats in the 3rd row? Also that rear 3/4ths view is still off putting to me. Everything else looks great in my eyes.

16. MIKE3187

MIKE3187 Active Member

HEMI345 likes this.
  17. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Just needs a sink and a shower.... :)