AF: JEEP TO SHOW OFF ELECTRIC VEHICLES AT TRADE SHOW | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JEEP TO SHOW OFF ELECTRIC VEHICLES AT TRADE SHOW

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Fast Eddie, Jan 2, 2020.

1. valiant67

valiant67 ...

One of the small Jeeps would be a better compliance car, if offered as an EV, for California than the 500e.

xjgary, cdjr77 and page2171 like this.
  2. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

A bit of a misleading title, don't you think? Hybrids sure, electric vehicles no.

joewho and xjgary like this.
  3. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

Full BEV for Renegade/Compass could be in the works, just not ready yet. 500e may just be a hold over.

I'm still super curious as to how the hybrid Wrangler will compare to the diesel. Though that info may not come out till later this spring.

xjgary likes this.
  4. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

Presently, there are still unsold Fiat 500e leftovers. It was leading edge in 2013, but now it's a rolling Sony Walkman. I doubt the next generation Fiat 500e (or whatever they call It) will be sold here any time soon. VW isn't selling the new ID3 here and the Asian companies are cutting way back on their plans. The supporting infrastructure is more prevalent in Europe and it is now more expedient to sell battery electric vehicles there.

As I said in another forum, I was totally wrong about compliance cars disappearing after the introduction of regular production BEVs. The compliance car paradigm of building and selling just enough electric vehicles to meet the letter of the law, won't die that easily. I suspect the monetary loss per vehicle is much less than in 2013, so there is less pain to the manufacturer.

Since FCA is changing the production lines for hybrid drivetrain installation, I'm sure they will have the foresight to have the the production of battery electric models be more integrated.

I think the term should be electrified. We'll see how misleading things are when the electric only range is revealed for these new Jeeps.

ScramFan likes this.
  5. xjgary

xjgary Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think the magic number will be an electric only range of 32 miles, since that's what takes to sell vehicles in China, plus that covers most people's daily commute. To give more range adds significantly to the vehicle cost.

6. K-9

K-9 Well-Known Member

Did this get shown off today?