AF: Jeep to spin off into separate showrooms | Page 11 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep to spin off into separate showrooms

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by aldo90731, Aug 17, 2020.

1. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

For the new California emissions rules they will need several electrified vehicles.

I hope that soon there will be also the NON plugin-hybrid version of the 4Xe models, 4x4 with electric rear propulsion, but without onboard recharge part and a smaller battery (that is the more expensive part of the PHEV versions).
    In the FAQ for Renegade / Compass PHEV 4Xe models it is written that the system is designed in a way to have the 4x4 system active (rear electric motor) even when the battery is "discharged" (it is never really discharged, is electronically switched off the battery as energy source, otherwise it would be damaged). So a not hybrid 4x4 can be made at lower costs and maybe also without decreasing too much breakover angle as is for PHEV 4xe models.

2. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Just in case...by some miracle...any of the movers and shakers at FCA run across this:

An Open Note To FCA:

Please begin production of the 100% electric Renegade with all possible dispatch.

And now...for the factory employees in Melfi who may not have a strong command of English:

Si prega di iniziare la produzione del Renegade 100% elettrico con tutta la spedizione possible.

P.S. The English version of this note was written with British phraseology in mind...just in case the person reading this is Mike Manley.:p:D

#202 77 Monaco Brougham, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  3. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

[“the utmost dispatch” is a more natural usage, and it also looks like Google has choked on that meaning of "dispatch". "Spedizione" literally means dispatch as in shipping; you wanted "con la massima celerità" instead.]

Anyway, your wish is granted. According to the last model plan shown to investors, the next Renegade and Compass, plus one D-segment model (possibly the China-only Grand Commander, but also possibly new Cherokee) will come in BEV variants.

upload_2020-9-1_12-34-59.png

Incidentally, by Thursday afternoon, everything after “Grand Commander” on that new-model chart will have been revealed to the public, which is a pretty good hit-rate for an FCA presentation slide!

T_690 likes this.
  4. 77 Monaco Brougham

You can't count on Google to do anything right these days......not even Google translate.:D

Also, I stand corrected on the the proper usage of 'Dispatch'

DAMN that Google!:p:D

KrisW likes this.
  5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Oh I don’t know about that...my Google stock (Alphabet) is doing pretty ok right now. :D

Ryan and 77 Monaco Brougham like this.
  6. 77 Monaco Brougham

That thought actually did cross my mind......but......not before time ran out to edit the post.:oops:

Zagnut27 likes this.
  7. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I just saw a banner ad advertising NEW JEEP WRANGLER JL FOR 2% BELOW INVOICE. Must be the new promotion for September.

This price is about 6-7% OFF MSRP: 1% better than Friends and Family (5% OFF), although not as good as Employee Pricing (10% OFF).

I thought Jeep had more buyers than Wranglers to sell at the moment.

8. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Some of my wittiest responses come to me AFTER the edit window closes. I know what you’re thinking....how could anything top the literary gold in all of my posts...but it’s true! :D:p

9. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

I always thought that like a Mozart sonata, all your posts are perfect on the first write!

Zagnut27 and 77 Monaco Brougham like this.
  10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Of course! Of course! :p

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  11. 77 Monaco Brougham

Well......At least more perfect than the Hyundai Sonata, anyways!:D

Tony K, gforce2002 and Zagnut27 like this.
  12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I’m sure if I look long enough on the Google machine, that I can find a source to back up my claims that Hyundai was a brilliant contemporary composer to Mozart. If it’s on the Google, you can TRUST it!! :D

13. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

So. Back to topic. What if it's not Jeep, but Wagoneer sub-brand that's getting their own space? Jeep was just until production of more than one Wagoneer branded machine.

I mean, technically they did just debut Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. Wagoneer being a brand, not a car.

humdrum and ScramFan like this.
  14. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Napleton is based in Oakbrooke Terrace, IL. Started on the south side of Chicago and is all over the eastern US. One of our Indy AR/Maserati dealers, the one on the north side, is an Ed Napleton dealership. Ironically, the other, on the south side, is a AR/Fiat dealer owned by a gentleman who I believe hails from Owensboro, KY originally, Ray Skillman, who doesn't own any old Chrysler Corp dealerships. Locations | Ed Napleton Automotive Group (at https://www.ednapleton.com/locations/index.htm )

tlc likes this.
  15. Archknight

Archknight Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an idea if the Cherokee will switch from CUSW to the Stelvio platform for the redesign?

16. aldo90731

Ralph says on that short snippet on the TFL video that Wagoneer is not becoming a sub-brand. It was simply a result of this being a “concept” that “Grand Wagoneer” was highlighted more than usual.

In any event, FCA already has more brands than it knows what to do.

valiant67 likes this.
  17. suzq044

Yet they actually said the Wagoneer brand was going to be a family of suvs, as a brand whose signature was luxury.

18. aldo90731

That’d be a big mistake IMO.

Spinning off Grand Wagoneer would be like spinning off Imperial: it will always be a Jeep Wagoneer, just like it was always Chrysler Imperial.

Heck, 12 years later people still call it the Dodge Ram...

valiant67 and suzq044 like this.
  19. suzq044

I don't think they're spinning it off so much as making it a sub brand within jeep.

aldo90731 and MIKE3187 like this.
  20. aldo90731

I still don’t see it. I think FCA may be overestimating the equity in the Wagoneer name.

If anything is ripe to be turned into a sub-brand is Wrangler/Gladiator. Problem is, if they turn JL/JT into a sub-brand, the entire Jeep brand identity goes with it.

How about dividing Jeep into two family branches: a “Willys” side with solid axles and off-road capability as main focus, and an “Overland” side with unibody, IFS, and an emphasis on daily comfort. Renegade, Compass, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Wagoneer would go in the Overland camp; Wrangler and Gladiator in the Willys side.