AF: Jeep to spin off into separate showrooms | Page 9 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep to spin off into separate showrooms

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by aldo90731, Aug 17, 2020.

1. WXman

WXman Active Member

That's exactly what they look like here also. First one I saw was in Lexington, KY. Looks just like your picture, with the Ram/Dodge brands in a separate building a few hundred yards away at the other end of the parking lot.

FreeLantz likes this.
  2. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

My only local CDJR dealer wouldn’t have the space to create a separate Jeep showroom unless it purchased land elsewhere. The dealership is squeezed between a used European car lot on one side and a thorough street on the other.

Not that it’d matter, anyway. Their customer service would still have 2 stars out of 5.
    upload_2020-8-25_11-21-54.jpeg

3. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Well-Known Member

I do not understand how the state or federal laws protect dealerships.I understand the enormous amount of money it must take to even be in the car sales biz, but shouldn't the survival of the fittest dictate whether the car dealer thrives or flops?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

I wonder if this counts as some variant of 'Stockholm Syndrome'?:D

dennisimperial likes this.
  5. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

I know this to be slightly off-topic but, please, please, please, STELLANTIS, can I get a +cab configuration (like the '05 GLADIATOR CONCEPT)? I'd GLAD-ly give up some cabin for more cargo hold (same wheelbase/over all length). ;)

6. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

If they keep starving these brands for products that people will desire/buy, sediment (empty lots) are all we'll have to look at.;)

7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

This is my usual dealer, Carman CDJR in New Castle. I don’t know if it still looks like this...lol...as I drive by it, I usually only look at the Gladiators out front. :D

E68E7C6F-AAFE-4B55-B362-DC4CC45F8ADA.jpeg

8. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Ok seeing the dealerships everyone else has, I'm really scratching my head on how Orlando got their designs as wonky as they are. All of these have been built or renovated in the last 20 yrs.
    The aforementioned Greenway which is next door to the identical Ford dealership (sporting Ford architecture Bonus: Fiat in the background)
    upload_2020-8-25_21-15-44.png
    Orlando Dodge is actually a very old dealership that built a fake arch over the stairs recently.
    upload_2020-8-25_21-18-23.png
    Someone was on speed when they designed Central Florida CDJ
    upload_2020-8-25_21-20-4.png
    They just redid Napelton, and it looks like the current concept on steroids.
    upload_2020-8-25_21-23-29.png
    Bonus. This is the service dept at Fields. Fields was built in the early 00's after the old Chrysler dealership was purged in the bankruptcy. It was built in the parking lot of a dying mall. In fact the dealership uses the mall parking lot for overflow now. The service dept is the former Sears Auto Center. I like it.
    upload_2020-8-25_21-27-18.png

Attached Files:

9. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

The Chrysler/Jeep dealer had built a new arch building only to lose it's franchise with the merger of equals.
    The empty arch building was turned into a Hyundai dealership for a short period of time. But it closed.
    The arch building is now a church.

10. Chris mopar

Chris mopar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics, I used to live down E 50 but moved away in 95 but have bean back to visit many times over the years and familiar with these dealers. When I lived their the were no Chrysler product dealers in E. Orlando and the Ford was pre Greenway and was on the corner of 50 and Seminole blvd. Orlando Dodge was still at same location as now but looked different, looks better now. Their was a Dodge dealer in Kissimmee back then but not one near the Florida mall. Thanks for the memory’s.

11. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I moved down originally in 97 so I know what your talking about. Greenway was McInerney Ford at 436 and 50. The old dealership sat abandoned for years and is still there mostly stripped and partially collapsed. Orlando Dodge is pretty much just face-lift to Orlando CDJ after getting the CJ charter from Bob Dance across the street (which is now a Hyundai dealership). Southside Dodge in Kissimmee was absorbed by Fairway after Carmax bought the Florida Mall CJ location but it moved to 192 and then closed. Fairway by Florida Mall was bought by Carmax and built a 2nd location next to the Airport Carmax as part of a pilot used and new program they were doing. Carmax ended the program and the Airport location became Airport CDJ, and the Florida Mall location moved to John Young and became Central Florida CDJ. I dont know where the Napelton dealers came from other than just being expansions.

Chris mopar likes this.
  12. Impy55

Impy55 Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I believe Criswell CJDR in Maryland is doing this somewhat already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris mopar, T_690 and MJAB like this.
  13. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

Yeah I posted that one a couple pages over.

14. Donte Lindsey

Donte Lindsey Active Member

Yup that sums it up. Gladiators and Rams out front.I ride pass it quite often. They do have better reviews than the other Mopar dealerships around here.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  15. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

The standard beige architecture of CDJR dealerships is starting to look very 1990s.

thebluegoat likes this.
  16. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

Hey! That's a refreshed Charger on the roof!

17. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

That refreshed Napletons in Clermont has very few cars in the lot. I drove by a few days ago and there were more used Non FCA vehicles than new FCA vehicles in the lot.

18. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I haven’t experienced their sales department, but my experiences with the service department were less than stellar with some visits being downright awful. I haven’t been in there in a few years though since I found a great independent mechanic, so maybe it’s improved. For ever the optimist, I am. :D

Donte Lindsey and UN4GTBL like this.
  19. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

Since we're sharing dealership pictures. Here's one near me.
    First, a picture from a few, but not too many years ago (based on the Renegade in the picture).

Riverside1.jpg

Second, a more recent screenshot from Google street view. I don't remember seeing the old "Leasing" sign, so that is probably gone. If you look over the top of the black Journey, you can look through the service dept and see a dumpster.

Riverside2.jpg

Zagnut27 likes this.