NewsNew Pacifica trim to hit sweet spot? • Does the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Yuntu!

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Apr 14, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

2. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

Yup, something just seems "off" from the front. Can't put my finger on it. Overall, not a bad looking concept vehicle. If elements of this make it to future Jeeps, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. :)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. redriderbob

4. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

Dang, yeah that tire/wheel mis-match tho.

:(

5. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Wait, if the K8 is coming pretty soon, why is there no concept or preview for that?

6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

You see, this thing has got such crazy torque that when they stomp on the gas the tires actually rotate a bit on the wheel messing up the alignment. Boom. There you go. :D:p

wtxiceman and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. dmcdonald

dmcdonald Member

As discussed in the K8 thread it is being shown on the 23rd so only a couple of more days :)

redriderbob and Bajanbuoy like this.
  8. redriderbob

Would have looked better with a set of production tires

freshforged likes this.
  9. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Active Member

The more I look at it:
    1. The more I really like the back.
    2. The front still looks off. I think the 'slots' aren't long enough. The space between the upper and lower 'grill' is too fat (tall).

10. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

^ Yeah, its growing on me too

Back still looks weird to me.

11. redriderbob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see a good modern take on the Grand Wagoneer in Yuntu. Look at how the rear light wraps around the rear fender looking like the old side markers on the Wagoneer. Very interesting design element.

Zagnut27, humdrum, Prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  12. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Member

Daphne Zheng, ceo of gac-fiat/Jeep-china said at the showing of the YUNTU that design and other elements on it would appear on several gac-fiat/Jeep models starting 2018....

Mike V. likes this.
  13. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Take it a step further back.. 70's and earlier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Random: I think I realized whats bugging me. The color they chose. Reasoning is it hides a lot of the sculptural detail of the concept. If they'd done it in like a pearl green (say, the one they have on challenger), I think that would've looked better here.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 3:42 PM
  14. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

I also see some similarities on the body line that outlines the hatch of the Yuntu. I think there was definitely some inspiration drawn from the Wagoneer.

I agree on the color part too. It's hard to make out the details on the side of the vehicle, especially with the horrible auto show lighting.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

The rear design is growing on me. I think we’ve seen too many discordant tail-lights which look as though the hatch or trunk lid was taken from a different car (I’m looking at you, Toyota).

suzq044 likes this.