Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JKU Number II

Discussion in 'Wrangler, CJ, Wagoneer, other traditional Jeeps' started by MoparNorm, Jul 29, 2013.

1. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Some of you may remember this on Memorial Day.

[​IMG]

A few weeks of waiting for a new Wrangler and two pallets of parts and we are starting to shape up.
    [​IMG]

New and old parts re-powder coated and starting to be assembled. AEV 4.5" lift, Boulder Bars by All J Products, Raceline Wheels and 37" BFG, KM2 tires.

[​IMG]

AEV Hoopless Bumper with Warn 12,000 lb Zenon winch and Viking Winch line and Fairlead.

[​IMG]

Powder coated coils and Bilstein 5160 tuned shocks and remote reservoirs.

[​IMG]

I really miss my blue JKU, but this 2013 is starting to put a smile back on my face!

aldo90731 likes this.
  2. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Saturday we had an Open House at the Big Bear Shop, Banks and All J Products, graciously used my Jeep as an air intake install demo, I also ordered a Banks muffler to deepen the sound of the V6 and add about 9 lb ft of torque. The Banks Ram Air and muffler, will put the Pentastar real close to 300 HP and will raise the torque as well.

[​IMG]

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Very Fine. Congratulations Norm!

4. JTE

JTE Well-Known Member

Agree, very cool. I've never seen those "Boulder Bars" before, I like side armor that doubles as a practical step, plus it looks good. I am a huge fan of Gale Banks and trust his engineering team to properly tune air flow.

My Jeep just hit 10,000 smiles over the weekend, looking forward to another road trip to Texas this fall.

5. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Thanks Walt!

6. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

The Boulder bars are made by All J Products (boulderbars.com) the problem is they are not affordable to ship because of their size and weight, so its best picked up and installed at the Big Bear Shop, but they certainly are stout! I had them on the other JKU and re powder coated them for this Jeep. They protect the rockers, give side protection and are great overall armor.
    We have a little Banks tie-in, as a member of our Jeep Club drove the Banks Dakota diesel at Bonneville.
    10,000 smiles is right!

7. JTE

JTE Well-Known Member

Well now I can say it, in front of me I have a Truck Platform "Certificate of Excellence" "for outstanding performance and his contribution in the setting of Diesel Land Speed records" signed by Dave Perrine and Rich Schaum.

8. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

So,...you know Don?

9. JTE

JTE Well-Known Member

Without infringing on privacy, maybe. My friend Don is now a race car driver in San Diego.

10. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Sent you a PM. ;)

11. drew54

drew54 Well-Known Member

Looking good Norm! Are you reusing your old Hanson rear bumper?

12. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

The old Hanson went with the wrecked Jeep, but yes, there is a new one being fabed to work with the AEV tire carrier and fuel caddy.
    Once the Fab work is complete, it goes to powder cost. ;)

Here is the rear view, with AEV tire carrier and fuel caddy, 10.2 gallons, neatly tucked behind the spare. What you can't see in this shot is the hi-lift mount.
    The beauty of the hardtop and AEV carrier is it utilizes the factory tailgate, as a one touch, one hand movement and with a slight flip of the hand, the window goes up for easy access to the rear. I loved my soft top, but the zippers and tailgate bar were a pain to access the rear.

[​IMG]

13. Stomper

Stomper Well-Known Member

Looking good!!

14. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Here is a shot from the opposite side, showing the AEV tire and fuel carrier.

[​IMG]

Like all AEV products, it's well engineered. It mounts to the frame, swings with the tailgate but does not place any load on the tailgate. It also hold a Hi-lift jack.
    The rear bumper is being fabricated to fit around the carrier and then will go to powder coat.

[​IMG]

15. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

How does the fuel transfer work? Do you have to pull the spare and pull the fuel caddy over to dump into the filler on the body, or is there a hose or something?

16. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Oh, no, it's really quite simple, I use a Super Siphon (basically a length of surgical, tubing with a brass and porcelain check valve). The flow starts with a few strokes of the valve and the tank empties into the Jeep in a few minutes, with no tank or tire removal required.

17. JTE

JTE Well-Known Member

With Commando Green no longer available to order, two things:

Your Jeep now has collector and envy value.

Better not scratch it.

18. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Ha! As long as I can keep the rubber side down, it's going to be our shop show vehicle for a few seasons. We are showcasing the J8 front disk brake conversion by Black Magic Brakes and the Dynatrac Pro Rock 44, using Reid Racing knuckles and Currie tie-rod relocation.

19. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

That's sad, that's a great color. They need to do more greens.

Jeepnut likes this.
  20. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

It is kind of strange to have no green given the military origin and the desire many have for it, but I've always liked loud colors for off-road vehicles when there's no need to hide; makes it easier to be found from the air if there's a problem away from civilization...