Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JL Wrangler shows up in dealer computers with features/options/packages

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by kilgore, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Still using hacked up ram truck bumper.

Ruptured Duck, UN4GTBL and 12soldier like this.
  2. AutoTechnician

AutoTechnician Well-Known Member

Tire size differences can be negated by gearing. The ZF8 already addresses all gearing issues, plus, who says the rubicon needs to come with a base 4-cylinder?

The heavier tire weight can reduce acceleration, but we're talking 3-5 HP difference for small tires vs big ones.

As far as aero goes, at normal highway speeds, aero consumes a very small amount of power. We're talking maybe 30 HP at 60 MPH for a vehicle like the Wrangler.

Previous 4 cylinder Wranglers had 115 HP, with an awful 3 speed auto, and weighed around 3300 pounds. We're going to 200+, an 8 speed and around 4000 pounds. It's rediculous to compare the JL 4 cyl to previous 4 cylinder Wranglers

As long as it has at least 200HP, a 2 door 4-cyl JL will be the Wrangler I buy. I have no want or need for a V6 or Diesel.

#242 AutoTechnician, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

GasAxe, CherokeeVision and UN4GTBL like this.
  4. 12soldier

12soldier Well-Known Member

Minus the JL/JLU Grab handles... still. I guess the windshield and the roof will be fixed with the removable panels similar to the Renegade. I'm fine with that as long as the doors are same as Wrangler and the back windshield does something more than what's available on the Ram (slide).

UN4GTBL likes this.
  5. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Yeah, I thought it looked a little non-Jeepish to me

6. crmarczak

crmarczak Active Member

The overhang doesnt look too bad in the one perfectly straight rear side view, only a tire width