AF: Journey uconnect 8.4 no bluetooth or sirius | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Journey uconnect 8.4 no bluetooth or sirius

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by Dan Minick, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Dan Minick

Level III Supporter

Just bought a used 2011 Journey 8.4uconnect. Neither Sirius nor bluetooth are working. (have subscript for sirius). Have disconnected batt for over 30 min and reconnected. Pulled fuse under glovebox and replugged in. My hunch is there is a fuse I'm missing, or connection that has came unplugged?? The bluetooth module up above the brake pedal does not run Sirius?? Next step??

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I would want to be sure that the radio/Uconnect/HFM software is up to date. There are a number of improvements and enhancements.
    If this hasn't been performed, I would start here:
    https://static.oemdtc.com/TSB/08-055-15A.pdf
    How To: Updating UConnect Firmware Yourself (at https://www.allpar.com/corporate/tech/firmware-updates.html )
    There is also a TSB # 08-056-17 that I could not find useful info on the internet for. Ask if it covers your application.

Also see this thread from 2015. TSBs have superseded since then:
    Strange Issues with our '12 (at https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/strange-issues-with-our-12.161605/ )

3. paullybob

paullybob Well-Known Member

I had a 2013 Journey with the same features. The Bluetooth module failed on mine a few times before finally calling it quits. It's not an overly expensive part ($180 IIRC) and although in an awkward position (Behind and above the brake pedal on the firewall) is able to be replaced in your garage or driveway. It is self initiating so there is no need for a dealer visit to get it to work.

4. Dan Minick

Level III Supporter

I did download and install the latest update from the uconnect website.
    Does sirius run off of anything in the Bluetooth module?

5. paullybob

paullybob Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of....my issue was strictly with the Bluetooth module. Maybe a common power source or grounding issue??

6. Dan Minick

Level III Supporter

Yeah it seems odd that neither of them work. Every thing else on it works fine AM/FM, dvd, ipod, sd.