Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JPMorgan Chase & Co. Purchases 4,669,960 Shares of Fiat Chrysler ...

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Hemidakota, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

A surprising move...still less one percent ownership.

#1 Hemidakota, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Link?

3. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

The link is a broken...awaiting response. Apparently, yesterday and today's trading for FCA is up.

4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

This is interesting.

5. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

This is a long-term investment. They know FCA will introduce few new vehicles in the next three years.

Ian and James A like this.
  6. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I have 10 shares of FCA and my voice should be heard just as much as anyone elses!:p

jimboy and wolfsblood07 like this.
  7. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

Do they know something we don't? The stock has nearly doubled in six months though.
    Roughly five million shares, that's a lot - maybe not for Chase, but still, that's closing in on $100,000,000

suzq044 likes this.
  8. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

They bought anytime in the 3rd quarter, Jul-Sep. They could have bought before merger mania drove up the price starting around mid-August. There were several very high volume trading days for the stock as it started to rise.

AlfaCuda and VoiceOfReason like this.
  9. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

I think that the new Wrangler and new Ram has investors excited.

CDJSalesPro and suzq044 like this.
  10. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Yes, and I think FCA getting close with Hyundai is helping too.

11. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

Price rise with high volume shows there is serious buying.
    This obsession with zero net debt and industry leading margins tells me we are on to something very big. Ratings will likely soar and borrowing cost is likely to get cheaper. I would bet on a BIG acquisition.

Maybe Mary Barra needs to watch her [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] after all?

I have a friend who works at Reuters Milan who covers/covered (have not been in touch with her for over a year) FCA. She’s on first name basis with SM. Soon after GM refused his overture she told me “don’t think it’s over, he won’t give up”. I didn’t think much of it back then except that there’s a long way to go. Two years later perhaps the time is right!?

ScramFan, VoiceOfReason and Prabhjot like this.
  12. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

The price of FCA shares is going up and will go up since the market anticipates the spin-off of Magneti Marelli and COMAU, that will be two separate operations.

Reducing the debt is not an obsession, is a need for FCA so to have better "rating" from rating agencies.
    Better rating = lower interests to be paid when a company goes on the market to search financing.
    Also many financial funds doesn't invest in bonds of companies that have not a minimum rating.
    When there will the next downturn of the market the ones that can finance at lower interest rates have an obvious advantage since the margins decrease.

In last days FCA rating by Fitch was rised long-term debt from BB- to BB, mantaining the positive outlook.
    Short term rating confirmed at B.
    https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/medi...CA_N_V_and_maintains_the_Positive_Outlook.pdf

For Fitch ratings from "AAA" to "BBB-" are "investment grade" and from "BB+" to "NR" are "speculative grade". The terms are financial terms.
    Many funds put in their portfolio bonds (or shares) of companies with "investment grade" rating, other even more restrictive.

For FCA to enter in the "investment grade", there is another step, the BB+ to do.

13. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Sorry, what was that? I didn't hear you. :p

jimboy likes this.
  14. Archknight

Archknight Active Member

Makes me curious if there are some surprises in store for FCA, especially Chrysler and Dodge?? Since, one of the core names in the brand has seen so little investment, it would help investors with promising them something by way of a gesture of faith. With Pacifica positing a staggering sales number for a minivan, Chrysler has earned a second new model for its lineup or an early makeover of the 300 based on its sales.

15. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Can you define "staggering sales number"?

Pacifica sold 118K in 2017. That is lower than T&C did in 2013 and 2014 before it was discontinued. Grand Caravan sold more in 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017.

16. Archknight

Archknight Active Member

For a minivan in the age of crossovers, you can't grasp how that's "staggering"?

ScramFan likes this.
  17. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

No, Toyota and Honda sell roughly that volume every year as well and they should be close for 2017 to the volume of Grand Caravan

The minivan market is a four-way race with everyone fairly even for the past 5 years.

DAGAR likes this.
  18. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Minivan sales overall have been relatively flat since at least 2013. So that’s why Pacifa sales aren’t staggering. The minivan market isn’t shrinking any more.