AF: Just purchased a 300 Limited. | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just purchased a 300 Limited.

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by JFWONE, Jun 2, 2019.

1. JFWONE

JFWONE New Member

It is a '16, with 21K miles on it. It's a bit of a 'stripper' (for a 300) but I like it alot. The driving experience is great; and it is very comfortable.

I do have one concern that I didn't notice until driving to church today. The car seems to 'clunk' a bit from the rear just as I stop at a stoplight. It's a bit unnerving. My old car was a CVT; so I'm not sure if I'm being a bit nuts. Has anyone experienced this? Or is it a known issue? I should have a bit of the powertrain warranty left, I think.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Congratulations on the nice car. Limiteds are well-equipped.
    If it is still under the 3 yr limit, have the dealer run the warranty coverage and past history. Drive it with the technician or advisor to point out the noise to them.
    If it is brake wear and tear, it may not be covered. If it is a suspension or drivetrain defect, it may be covered.

3. JFWONE

JFWONE New Member

Thank you. I think the power train warranty is 5/60, so that is helpful.

I’m really enjoying the car. It’s fun to drive. And the looks...

One thing that has shocked me, I’m getting 22 in the city and I was able
    To get 31 on the highway. It’s pretty impressive.

hmk123, RobbieAG and Glenn81 like this.
  4. eigib56

eigib56 Well-Known Member

Purchased a similar car with similar mileage about a year ago, and I love everything about it!! It may not have all the bells and whistles of a "C", but what it doesn't have, I don't miss. Haven't experienced the problem you mentioned. The only thing I've noticed is the 1-2 shift is a bit abrupt sometimes - nothing I'm too concerned about. If you can iron out the 'clunking', I think you'll absolutely love that car. Mine delivers 35-38 highway MPH (at 70-75 mph!). Congrats!

5. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

6. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Color me jealous. I'd love to have a 300. Any year, any model.

7. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member