AF: Leaving baby in hot car | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving baby in hot car

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by geraldg, Sep 4, 2016.

1. geraldg

Ad-Free Member

How can you be so stupid to forget that you have your baby with you. keep reading this about once a week and cannot believe that someone could be that stupid.

2. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

Well, gee.... you're checking facebook on your phone... or twittering... snapchatting... or texting/sexting a "friend".... There's just sooo many things occupying minds these day...... Yeah, I don't see how you could "forget" your baby, child or pet either. All it takes is a glance in the back seat....

3. peterjon1

peterjon1 Well-Known Member

How many more will there be when back up cameras become universal? Won't even have that reason to look at the rear seat then.

4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Had quite a few of these incidents happen last summer. Surprisingly, not many this summer and it has been much hotter.

The only one that stood out in my mind was a 19 year old charged for leaving a dog in a sealed car. The dog eventually died and the teenager was facing charges that could have him in jail for a year. I don't recall the outcome.

My children are all grown, but I didn't once ever leave them in a car by themselves, let alone a hot car. Even today with our grand children I am very mindful that they are in the vehicle.

It's called "situational awareness". Most people have it and some, unfortunately, don't.

AC TC likes this.
  5. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

People that frigging stupid should NOT be allowed to have children ever again. They need to be sterilized. My kids are also grown, but I NEVER left them in a car by themselves, even if just running inside to pay for gas or something like that. They're way to important to something that stupid. Lazy, stupid people, is all I can say.