AF: LeBaron featured in Top Gear Jan 26, 2020 Series 28 Episode 1 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LeBaron featured in Top Gear Jan 26, 2020 Series 28 Episode 1

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by FThorn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

A rare Chrysler badged vehicle featured on their roadtrip segment. The LeBaron did not fare very well. I am still amazed at how cheap used cars can be in the UK. Still a bit saddened that I did not make time (aka spend the money) to be in the studio audience again. I had tix for few weeks back. These guys are a hoot to watch.

This episode featured the most fear-inducing thing I've ever seen them do, too. Flintoff ... still shaking my head.

BBC iPlayer link (show, for UK or UK VPN) BBC iPlayer - Top Gear - Series 28: Episode 1 (at https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000dt99/top-gear-series-28-episode-1 )

Regardless, you can see the article and photo gallery
    Gallery: Top Gear series 28, episode 1 (at https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/gallery-top-gear-series-28-episode-1#1 )

[​IMG]

2. LordHobbit

LordHobbit Active Member

My dad bought his teenagers an '89 LeBaron Turbo. That car was so great. I loved it. My brother blew up the engine. (he is really hard on vehicles) That was after Dad gave the car to him. (he's not so good with money either)

FThorn likes this.
  3. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

We had a used 86 250K plus mileage Dodge 600 ES turbo convertible that was amazing as a newly married couples kick around beginners family car. Silver with the silver leather interior. Other than the clunk when shifting into gear it was flawless for another 60K miles that we owned it.

FThorn likes this.
  4. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

I've had all sorts of makes, and transmission 'clunks' can work sometimes for EVER. I mean, the real measure is they don't break down and leave you stranded. Only ONE MAKE ever did....Ford... I bought a used Escape last year. That transmission was horrible! I sold it immediately and lost probably $3k; but my one DUTY as a dad/husband is to keep those that I love ALIVE and that was the only vehicle in my 50+ years that I felt it was risking the well being of my family member driving it. My 89 shelby daytona's turbo seized, but still ran; and they replaced it under warranty. Transmission was perfect. Right up until lady ran red light and totaled it out. :(

djsamuel likes this.