AF: LED bulbs? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED bulbs?

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by JFWONE, Oct 1, 2019.

1. JFWONE

JFWONE New Member

I have a '16 300 with regular lights/LED fogs.

I'll admit I'm anal as hell about lighting, and I don't like the look. I'd like to convert the Hi/Low bulbs to LED. Is there such a conversion? A guy on youtube just replaced the bulb, but I wasn't able to find the bulbs he used.

Also, if anyone has done this, how is the vision at night quality affected?

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

If you look around on some forums, some LED lights don't work - their loading is different from halogen, and the TIPM senses a fault and shuts them off within seconds. So be careful about what bulbs you buy, see what people on various forums have found to be successful.
    I just replaced the original bulbs in my 2011 200 when one failed, and I proactively replaced the bulbs in my wife's 2012 200, so the factory bulbs tend to last about 8 years, and we found them plenty bright enough.

3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

When I had my 2013 Chrysler 300S the factory high beams were terrible (as in the light amount and pattern was almost unchanged over the low beams). I researched a lot of options and different bulb drop ins. I really was considering the factory xenon setup.

However, as Bob mentions you'll have to search to find a setup that works with the car's factory electronics.

The other problem is a headlight assembly designed for a halogen bulb may not properly disperse the light from another type of bulb so you may get worse than stock results or better than stock results depending on the bulb. Lots of people with LEDs go with gimmicky shades of whiteness or blueness. I don't think there's going to be any shortcut to reading lots of swap stories on line.