NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets merge IVECO into Ram International

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by freshforged, Mar 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1 Level 2 Supporter

Cabovers aren't really all that popular in the US anymore. Length regulations aren't the problem they used to be. I see cabovers all over the place in the Phillipines though. Given how congested some areas of the country are, I'm not surprised.

2. MJAB

MJAB Active Member

Ram Promaster City and Ram Promaster are not "heavily" modified.
    Suspensions are tuned to U.S. market needs, but that is also done for other markets.
    For example for Fiat Ducato in Europe there are at least 6 variants of rear leaf springs,
    The "heavy" modification was adding new powertrains, 2.4 gasoline + 9 speed automatic and Pentastar V6 + 6speed automatic, and U.S. emission control system for the FPT Industrial diesel engine (sensors, how is controlled,... is different since rules requirements are different).

3. srm3500

srm3500 Member

The power train is an easy fix...... just drop a Cummins in them. :p:D

wtxiceman likes this.
  4. MJAB

MJAB Active Member

The easier to introduce would be the Iveco Daily, that overlaps with what is an Isuzu N series (that should be the one that GM will import.

The 3.0 F1C engine is same as the one in Ram Promaster, but used in longitudinal position.
    With last generation were introduced the option with ZF 8HP transmission (commercial vehicles version). For now doesn't have the PTO with the ZF 8HP.

It also has a little bit of nose, so more in line with North America preferences.
    [​IMG]

somber likes this.
  5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Suspension updates, powertrain updates, minor styling tweeks, as well as interior tweaks. There is quite a bit of difference.

6. CNT900

CNT900 Member

I had hoped we would see the Daily rather than the Ducato, but again with the formation of FCA and the spin-off of Iveco/CNH that now seems very unlikely. The Daily is a better competitor to the Ford Transit and Mercedes Sprinter.

Prabhjot and somber like this.
  7. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Be mindful that even currently a Chrysler dealership must be licensed to sell Promaster, Ram 4500+ trucks, and SRT. All separate licenses. My dealership does not have large enough hoists to work on Ram 4500+ trucks, so our sister store sells those, we sell Promaster's within our autogroup.

Dave Z and freshforged like this.
  8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

If GM is selling Iveco trucks, Ram dealers are going to find it hard to compete ...

9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Exactly right... we even have special Ram Commercial dealers here in Michigan, like Sterling Heights Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has their own Ram Commercial Center...

Ram Commercial Truck Center | Sterling Heights DCJR (at http://www.sterlingheightsdodge.net/ram-commercial-center.htm )

http://pictures.dealer.com/s/sterlingheightsdodgecllc/1370/1da1550c0a0d028a00a3ce3fccb14a7b.jpg

freshforged and MJAB like this.