Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's speak about the quality in our products and more...

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by Mr.Source, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

The Aero is by far the lowest quality Dart.
    TrueDelta splits out the 1.4 engines from the Chrysler engines.
    The Aero's stiff suspension, low stance, and steel wheels really hurt it.

It's not as though FCA wanted to sell a poor quality vehicle. They hired too many new people and tried to work too fast and did not test enough.

I'm not happy with my decision but it was my decision, and I knew better. The signs were there.

GasAxe, tlc and hemirunner426 like this.
  2. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

Efficient cars can be built in a manner such that they do not fall apart.

2015 was two years into the Dart product run. I did my due diligence by waiting the initial bugs out. I did my due diligence by seeking information here and elsewhere before making a purchase.

The poor quality is not excused by your logic and I will not be coerced into internalizing blame for a systemic problem within FCA.

JavelinAMX likes this.
  3. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

What was wrong with your car

4. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

I'm not going to get into details (all you have to do is search through my past posts about my Dart on Allpar) but many issues with my car were actual design issues- very bad engineering in both design and software. There are no excuses for that whatsoever. You don't design a car with water that runs right over a strut tower, you don't design a car that struggles with weight and prematurely wears motor and transmission mounts because you put in a weak powertrain, and my goodness, you program a remote start that actually starts a car when it's cold. That stuff is just ridiculous. iNeon has every right to his statement. I lived with a Dart too and it just plain stunk. I am embarrassed I ever had one. I trusted FCA and was excited with the possibilities with the merger at the time of my Dart purchase. That optimism is over- never again. FCA has a huge quality issue with its actual products and the quality of their dealer network. They need to fix it or just plain sell off Jeep to a responsible company and just end it.

UN4GTBL and JavelinAMX like this.
  5. mopar22

Sounds like you had a lemon more then actual design issues, they fixed the strut issue pretty quickly and my remote start has never acted up unless the battery in the fob decided to die. I've never had any issues with my dart other then a stupid rattle somewhere in my dash but it's been reliable, more then my neon was. Could teh dart been better? Yea, but it wasn't horrible

tlc likes this.
  6. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

It took them 2 years to redesign the strut caps so water didn't get into them. That's not fast. The remote start would shut down when temps were below freezing. They issued a new software update to fix it but by the time that happened Winter was about over where I live. How would something like that even make it to production? People use a remote start to warm up their cars and it wouldn't work when it was cold? Come on.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

you got rid of it right?you are now a member of the Honda faithful?why are you here?

8. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

Not a Honda faithful. I still own a Dodge Journey. Yes, I did trade in my Dart for a Civic in Sept. Honda still has a lot to prove to me. We will see. I would not own a Civic if FCA still had a Dart or 200 type vehicle. My father is a retiree from Chrylser, have 2 uncles, a cousin and a few close friends who all currently work for FCA. I want to see FCA succeed and have many reasons to do so. Chrysler provided me with a good life growing up and I will always respect that. I am angry they cannot get their act together. I do not want to see the community I grew up in and my friends and loved ones suffer. So yeah, I have reasons to be on here.

9. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

It’s super cute that everyone wants us off the playground after we got bad cars and want to talk about it.

wvutuba, GasAxe, valiant67 and 2 others like this.
  10. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

Is wrong. You want to ask what is wrong with my Dart.

The doors all rattle.

The windows do not seal properly.

The dash rattles.

The rear view mirror sensor array trim rattles.

The dashboard rattles more.

The driver’s seat structure has somehow come lose and causes my lower back to burn after 10 minutes.

There is a strange whine upon start-up.

The clutch is skipping upon release at 35k miles.

The uconnect turns on the heat when I cycle the a/c compressor on or off with the button.

The Bluetooth connection is super flaky.

The engine mounts are collapsed at 35k miles.

The suspension wallows and crashes.

The trunk handles come off when you pull it closed.

The plastics scuff if you look at them cross-eyed.

The paint is falling off.

The upholstery material is wearing prematurely.

It is worth $4,500 at three years of age and 35,000 miles.

More?

JavelinAMX likes this.
  11. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Your input is valuable. I appreciate it.

All reports balanced together make a more three-dimensional picture.

It's helpful.

aldo90731 likes this.
  12. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

you have a Chrysler connection,it would be nice if you gave them another chance..i am sure you know that a lot of us on allpar have reliable well built fca product.

13. mopar22

Did you ever try lemon lawing it? I have a 15 and don't have any of those issues and i'm at 37k miles. Btw where is the trunk handle, never saw one on the dart

jorisr likes this.
  14. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

For real though, I'm just at the anger section of my grief. Eventually, I'll accept that the car is poop and I'll learn to be OK with that.

I just really wanted to like this car. Named her Peg. Planned a long life of 60 payments together.

Peg ain't gonna make it.

(the trunk handles are on either side of the latch on the bottom of the trunk lid)

15. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

I think lemon laws require the servicing dealer to take the issues seriously enough to actually write them onto service tickets lol

JavelinAMX likes this.
  16. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

I don't at all want to minimize what you are going through, but in respect to the repair order, you don't sign it until all concerns are documented.

Beentherebefore likes this.
  17. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Member

After I had the issues fixed on my 2016 Dart GT (trunk popping open whenever it felt like it, gasket missing on the bottom of the driver side door, and the windshield wiper recall addressed) it has been a genuinely decent car...minus the less than stellar gas mileage. o_O

I named my Dart "Debbie"...before I finally got that that trunk issue fixed, she had another name: "Bipolar B*tch". :p:p:p

UN4GTBL and Erik Latranyi like this.
  18. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

My responses to negative stimuli can only take two forms: fight or flight.

This car isn’t worth fighting for. Since my concerns have been ignored at both services— I’ve chosen flight(and a lot of complaining and spreading valuable- negative- information about the company.) instead.

It’s too bad they couldn’t take me seriously enough to retain my business or loyalties— this is the third Chrysler car I’ve bought, and I swore by them until this experience.

I am not a flighty customer, I just don’t have the time nor energy to spare to fight to have a 3 year-old car that functions as-normal. I replaced a perfectly good car ahead of schedule to avoid this inconvenience.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Sometimes ... no, actually often, one can't stand around the Service writer's desk to "discuss" the need for the Service writer having to fulfill THEIR duties. And short of bringing a video crew with you to document the transaction, it's one person's word against another.

Many people have to drop their car for service and off they go to their place of employment trusting the work is being addressed in their absence during their work day. You finish your work day, return to pay for work, and drive the vehicle home . That should be the fulfillment of the Trust and the Payment transaction. ( and some work is at no charge, as we know ).

But having to put up with a disagreeable service department is counterproductive.

GasAxe, UN4GTBL and Erik Latranyi like this.
  20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

You told us. Now you can stop and tell someone else.

Tired of your insulting people on the forum. We didn’t build your car.

I’ve tried to give you some sympathy — I’m there myself, after all, with the same car (but a 2013).

TrueDelta, even in calendar-year 2013, was saying that the 1.4 Darts were rattleboxes. AFAIK their ratings never changed. I don't recall ever seeing the Dart top the PT Cruiser in quality ratings at the same phase of production.

Stop ranting about the Dart — you don’t own it any more, we can’t help you fix it.