AF: Lifetime power train warranty inspection | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifetime power train warranty inspection

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Hangout' started by KOG, May 22, 2019.

1. KOG

KOG KOG

Had one of these done at 5 years on the 09, just got a letter from dealer today saying that it was time for another 5 year courtesy inspection to maintain the warranty. I was told after the first one that no more would be required. ???

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

You were told wrong. It is every 5 years.

Ryan likes this.
  3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

As I understood it the inspection was to be performed every 5 years.

4. CudaPete

Ad-Free Member

Yup, I had my second in February.

5. mdh1776

mdh1776 Well-Known Member

Make sure to get it performed. Our store has had a couple of owners put it off and come in past the grace period to have it completed. Sometimes FCA will help, sometimes they won't. Don't risk losing the warranty.

6. KOG

KOG KOG

That's what I needed to know. Have a couple of months left to get it done, not waiting that long. Will call today to schedule it. I thought it was rather suspicious last time when I was told that only once was required.

What would be cause for canceling warranty at these inspections anyway?

7. 1999 White C5 Coupe

1999 White C5 Coupe Well-Known Member

You should read your warranty paperwork to determine what is required to maintain the warranty.

8. georgef

georgef Well-Known Member

This is how it reads, in the warranty manual, that I received with my 2009 Grand Caravan (emphasis added):

HoboChangba and ImperialCrown like this.
  9. Theodore Alatsas

When you get your inspection done....READ CAREFULLY....
    Make sure you ask for the inspection worksheet and make sure you have a copy of it showing that it passed!!!!
    I brought my 2007 Grand Cherokee for its second 5year inspection in October of 2017. I have the repair order that shows I brought it in for the inspection. I also have the invoice for that same visit that shows the inspection was PERFORMED and SUBMITTED!!!
    BUT....and this is a big BUT, IF they DO NOT enter it into the system you are SCREWED!
    This is why you need a signed copy of the worksheet showing it has passed so you have the proof when you show up a year later for a repair.

#9 Theodore Alatsas, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
  10. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

If only they would go back to this warranty . Guess they were losing too much money.

11. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

They were looking at the Lifetime powertrain warranty to help instill public confidence and to help sell cars at the time of the last bankruptcy.
    I don't think that they necessarily lost money on it. Many cars have already changed hands which nullified the contract or rusted out around here in Salt Belt, NY. My sister still drives her '07 Caliber with the Lifetime contract, but mechanically I'm sure that it will outlast the body structure.
    Selling a comprehensive factory service contract with the car is more profitable.