Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking ahead: product pipelines

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Dec 22, 2017.

1. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Perhaps, just perhaps people are buying the midsized BMWs is because few others offer a rwd sedan at at reasonable price. Reasonable is italicized because the average price of a new car soars far above affordable for the median American household—but that’s another discussion all together. I don’t expect a 20000-ish rwd midsize muscle car, it wouldn’t be worthy of the name. That being said American Muscle does overlap with German Perfarmance on the vein diagram, and I expect a rwd muscle sedan to take sales away from both BMW and MB if it goes into production.

Edit—misposted should have addressed Dave S—

tlc, somber, DAGAR and 1 other person like this.
  2. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Well, I see your point but not all CUVs fall under your description;)

I loves me some muscle in my rides and I drive a Power Wagon, which I is growing into my most epic vehicle....but I still like to drive, and don’t mind being seen in, my wife’s Discovery Sport. It’s a bad [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] little ride. There’s a few other exceptions in the CUV market as well. They can be made to appeal just about anyone.
    But like I said, i can’t fault you for how you feel. I was in the same mindset before 2015. :)

suzq044 likes this.
  3. TripleT

Level III Supporter

So you weren't calling it a Subcompact here, it was just a unrelated statement?

tlc, Deckard_Cain, page2171 and 3 others like this.
  4. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

You should really try to post in a nicer, pleasant way, you may gain a little more respect instead of trying to steamroll over ever one that doesn't agree with you.

Wil

tlc, danbek, ScramFan and 2 others like this.
  5. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

He didn’t say anything about vehicles other than CUVs. We know you don’t like them. No need to derail a discussion about FCA CUV offerings.

ScramFan likes this.
  6. David S

David S Member

No, I was simply stating the history of Chrysler in the first sentence. You are using the ...... to make a connection that was not present in my original paragraph.

It would be an insult because it would be an underpowered 4/5 door compact, that kind of car has historically been sold at Dodge dealers, never at Chrysler ones in the US.

My original paragraph:

Chrysler has never sold a subcompact or 4 door compact model under its own name in the US. That is market territory belonging to Dodge historically. Compact Chryslers have been personal luxury coupes with long doors that mean the B pillar is not digging into the shoulder of a driver over 6' tall. It would be an insult to offer the Fiat Tipo as a Chrysler in the US. With appropriate engine, transmission, rear suspension and interior upgrades it could serve as a Dodge.

I had already gone on to talking about compact Chryslers.

#386 David S, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  7. TripleT

Level III Supporter

So you use of Subcompact was a mistake?Citrus and PT were bigger by how much?

What about the K car based Labrons they were pretty small. How underpowered were those?

Honestly think your having fun at our expense

enjoy..... having actually touched a Tipo it is insulting to no one that doesn’t have a artificially elevated that marque

tlc, T_690, danbek and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Already at Auburn, but what if I tell you that we might have a sedan with 4 cil with very high horsepower and torque .......???

AlfaCuda, tlc, somber and 8 others like this.
  9. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

We are all ears.

somber, jorisr, danbek and 2 others like this.
  10. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Dude I'm biting my nails.

Can't wait to see what this supposed tower of power is all about!

#390 Cody's Car Conundrum, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    somber likes this.
  11. T_690

T_690 Active Member

And RWD...

AlfaCuda and bluskye like this.
  12. eggwhite93

eggwhite93 Impatiently waiting for new product.
    Level 2 Supporter

I'm listening. What is the size of this unicorn? Sub-compact, compact, mid-size, full-size?

13. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

We already have a car fitting that description. It's called the Giulia and it happens to be Car of the Year.

AlfaCuda, danbek, GasAxe and 4 others like this.
  14. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

Did Chrysler make any Citrus that were lemons? :p

somber, UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  15. TripleT

Level III Supporter

Apple auto correct is a lemon in said Cirrus as one time

The Tipo is a massive 7" shorter.... OH how offensive... and the powerful 137hp engine that came in the Cirrus can be match quite easily to avoid further offensiveness.

#395 TripleT, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    tlc likes this.
  16. CivoLee

CivoLee Active Member

It also starts at $38K and has a air of "luxury" about it. I'm hoping Mr. Source was referring to something more everyman/egalitarian. Like a Giulia, but more basic.

David S and somber like this.
  17. TripleT

Level III Supporter

Some of Giulia's trick components will we cheaper now, and a higher volume.... and Mopar has already shown she can make some pretty potent powerplants without the Prancing Horses cost structure and help

ScramFan and Deckard_Cain like this.
  18. CivoLee

CivoLee Active Member

Cool. Nothing would make me happier than it turning out the 2022/23 release date was a ruse and we'll being seeing mules on the road this summer and a preproduction model in the 2019 NAIAS.

And while I'm dreaming, I'd like 500,000 dollars.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

It seems Turbos might come back .....

We might also have an improve in handling, fit, and finish, because at last quality and customer satisfaction are going to be important, but being honest I doubt it, I will have to see it for myself, maybe by 07 - 18 we will be able to say loud and clear that we improved in many areas.

Fiat products are giving us a lot of troubles, RAM shouldn't sell rebadged Fiats.

20. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

How is doing Ram Promaster City ?

somber likes this.