Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking ahead: product pipelines

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Far from expectations, you can't think the consumere is an idiot, people know those are not RAMS, they are rebadged FIATS,
    and Fiats are giving us troubles, material quality is very bad, if this trend continues, Fiat will soon become history here.
    The 500 is a box of cheap plastics.

Don W likes this.
  2. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Really? than write to Tofas, since they make false statements in their official presentation and reports, or someone from FCA US is misinforming them.
    http://www.tofas.com.tr/en/Investor/InvestorPresentations/2017-08-Investor-Presentation.pdf

Page 13:
    "...
    Vehicle is sold under the name «RAM Promaster City», completing the LCV product line up of FCA US together with «Ram Promaster» (Ducato).

Currently best performing vehicle in terms of warranty claims in the US market among FCA US vehicles.
    ..."

serpens, AlfaCuda, romalerig and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

I can't do it...

4. David S

David S Member

Actually the LeBaron sedans and Cirrus were midsize.

1984 LeBaron 95 cu ft interior 15 cu ft trunk 146 HP 2.2T
    1994 LeBaron 96 cu ft interior 14 cu ft trunk 141 HP 3.0
    1995 Cirrus 96 cu ft interior 14 cu ft trunk 161 HP 2.5 (2.4T in Mexico, like SRT-4)

Fiat Tipo 94-120 HP

#404 David S, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  5. David S

David S Member

No, my use of subcompact was not a mistake, it just wasn't a refrence to the Tipo. Your reading it that way was a mistake.

6. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

It looks like You don't understand that powertrain are localized.
    To note also that most of Tipo sold in European Union are diesel ones, maybe You can add the torque too ;-)

It is the same example of Fiat Doblò and Ram Promaster City (that is built on LCV variant of Small).
    In U.S.A. the Ram Promaster City is used the 2.4 Tigershark + 9 speed automatic, in Europe no.

DAGAR and ScramFan like this.
  7. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Motor.es

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bluskye, ScramFan and KrisW like this.
  8. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

Would have been nice if they'd removed the duplicates from it first: lot of uncertainty about the 500X refresh there, when we already know it's coming this year, with Renegade's. And the new 500 seems to be launched twice (unless "e" doesn't mean "and" in this context ;) )

"Nuevo FIAT D-SUV" (2022) can't be anything other than the Journey replacement, but that date seems to be very far from the expected US debut of that car.

"FIAT C-SUV" (2019) also looks like something that could have an American cousin.

cgseller@gmail.com likes this.
  9. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

"e" would be "i" and it's in no other cell when listing multiple vehicles, so my guess would be that they are referring to a new 500e (as in electric)

ScramFan and KrisW like this.
  10. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

You are right... "e" means "e". for some reason, I had Italian in my head when I was looking at it.

So, a new 500e it is, then... and this one should have a global release (there's zero need to spend more money on another compliance car).

11. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Maybe 'X' for two different markets.

For Punto they said it's related to Argo. I don't know nothing more. You read article from QR as I did. The one where engineer is answering what they could do to make it compliant for Europe. But currently tariffs are huge for importing it from Brasil to Europe. That could change with very likely signing of EU-Mercosur FTA.
    IMO, in that case new B-SUV (based on Argo), C-SUV and D-SUV (maybe related to Toro?) are very likely.

500e is BEV. Simple as that.

For 500 5 doors they said it could take place of 500L.

AlfaCuda and Deckard_Cain like this.
  12. David S

David S Member

It looks like you don't understand there isn't a 2.4 Tipo localized for the US.

It looks like you also don't understand I called for a localized SUSW car, 2.4 and 2.0T plus the 9 speed, 2700 mm wheelbase, 1400 mm tall, 4700 mm long with an independent rear suspension. Tipo isn't acceptable as a Chrysler or Dodge as it is, it is too downmarket for the US market.

13. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Hello Hemis Will expand, expect a new Hell

djsamuel, BillyRaff, jwp44 and 10 others like this.
  14. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

Restyled Fiat 500X in Q1-2019 and a new B-SUV in Q4-2019. Isn't 500X a B-SUV?

15. butJohnDoe

butJohnDoe Member

Premium vs Value for money - Emotional and Aspirational vs Rational and Functional

More spacious and boxy, less customizable and designy than the 500X.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  16. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

They want a lower cost B-SUV than the 500X.

17. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

I wondered about that too, but FIAT has two very different, but very successful A-segment cars in the shape of 500 and Panda in Europe - the second B-SUV could be a "Panda X" (I know there's a Panda Cross - I mean a B-segment-sized Panda-like SUV).

... Or it could be for LATAM: the sheet does show non-Euro models.

AlfaCuda and ScramFan like this.
  18. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

Does it — beside the Strada (that could be imported again) and the 500e (that might appear in Europe)?

19. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

500e will definitely appear in Europe. There's no point in making another compliance car - the current 500e does that job perfectly well.

500e is an ideal car for European cities, especially as those cities take stricter lines on tailpipe emissions. A 500 is small, easily parked, low weight (I see road taxation moving to axle weight in the post-ICE future), and being a "city-car", range anxiety is unlikely to be a factor for buyers - the current, California-compliance-model "e" can do 125 km / 80 miles on a charge; there are many 500 owners who wouldn't do that distance in a week, and the newer model is likely to improve on that range. Next year's Nissan Leaf is projected to have 360km / 225 miles of range, so the smaller 500e could get to around 250-300 km to be competitive. For comparison, that figure is about half the distance you'd expect to get from a full tank of fuel in the current car.

I can tell you now that my wife will be buying one when if/when it arrives in Europe. We don't need to drive much as we both have the luxury of living within walking distance of our jobs, so we currently share my Giulietta for when either of us needs to go somewhere. But she's always wanted a 500, and an electric model's low overhead running costs (zero road taxation and lower servicing costs) makes it a viable option as a second car.

20. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Just some notes:

Preamble

A) Fiat Doblò, before Ram Promaster City was presented, did NOT had the 2.4 Tigershark engine aaround the world in the countries in which is sold.

B) Ram Promaster City, that is U.S.A. localized model has 2.4 + 9 speed automatic.

Fiat Tipo / Dodge Neon Mexico and gulf countries (EAU and ...)

C) Fiat Tipo and Dodge Neon are NOT sold in U.S.A. or Canada.

D) Engines and transmissions are the ones "localized" for the makets in which are sold

E) As You write is at 99% sure that You never seen in person an european Tipo

Conclusion

You sentence "Tipo isn't acceptable as a Chrysler or Dodge as it is, it is too downmarket for the US market." is based on your personal prejudice and not on facts.

#420 MJAB, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
    danbek, AlfaCuda, romalerig and 3 others like this.