Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at a Pacifica tomorrow

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by saltydog, Jun 15, 2017.

1. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

I did have both A/C's on, once we got moving on the highway at 55-65 mph, the A/C was just fine so I think it would be ok the long run, it just lacked while driving in traffic on the surface streets, where my T&C has no issues with this. I thinking airflow might be an issue with the Pacifica. I will need to test drive another Pacifica, just to see if they are the same.

I lived with my A/C in my 2006 Mitsubishi Raider(aka Dodge Dakota) and is was poor and would only get cold after 30 mins or so of driving.

2. saltydog

I believe you are correct, it will not be a make or break. I have just become so accustomed to using it on my Truck, that it is hard to not have it on our other vehicle.

What I use CarPlay the most for: Texting and Charging my phone. I just plug in and throw my phone in the center counsel and forget about it. I do use the Music function as well, but that is not a big deal, though I do like the Pandora function much better than my Ram's app via blutooth.

I have used the Apple maps a few times and it is so easy, that I have never used my internal Nav, just tap the mic icon and say where you need to go and Siri is far better at finding the correct location, then any internal Nav system I have used.

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

FCA has a built in texting system and you can charge your phone regardless. I do prefer the Apple nav system but it's not a big deal for me either way.

saltydog likes this.
  4. saltydog

Your right, I forget about the Siri Handsfree in my Ram.

5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

FCA has their own hands-free text system built in on the newer cars.

6. saltydog

Oh, I did not know that. Good too know.

7. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I'm currently driving an ancient Mazda MPV where the same situation you describe for A/C effectiveness on Surface Streets is what we experience.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts once again if you choose to test another Pacifica.

Your pictures showed a darn nice ride. The interior looked very, very nice.

Best to ya on your search -

saltydog likes this.
  8. DC-93

DC-93 Active Member

Ahhh, brings back memories of HOT TESTING at the APG back in 1990!! :cool:

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Our 300 has fine a/c — the Dart is better than some imports I’ve driven, but really isn’t sufficient. Then again, any more power to the compressor would make the driving even worse.

10. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I was told that I had that on my Charger, but it either doesn't have it or it has never functioned.

11. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

My understanding is that the Unconnect texting system will only work with certain Android phones. It's never worked with iOS. Matter of fact, I think Apple will not let any third party have access to their messaging system. You have to access Siri to ask if you have messages or use Apple's Carplay.

12. saltydog

My co-worker has a Pacifica and has no complaints about the A/C, so next time he brings it to work, I will have to go for a ride and see the difference.

13. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I just have to say — if you really care about a/c, get a white car with the lightest interior you can find...

saltydog likes this.
  14. saltydog

That is so hard for me! I can't stand white...my least favorite color, however I could deal with a Pearl White, still not my favorite though.

I should have learned by now with the summers we have(today will be 110) but I still have dark colored cars! Black is my go to, it looks good on almost everything, it even made my 2008 Sebring look fantastic!

15. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

You don't want a white or light interior if you have children.......

saltydog likes this.
  16. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Ad-Free Member

Only Android phones allow you to use Uconnect's awful pre-determined text messaging system. The responses available are:

Yes
    No
    See you in XX minutes!
    I'm lost.
    I need directions.
    I will be XX minutes late.
    Where are you.
    I am here.

It also puts a "This message sent by the Dodge Uconnect system. Driver Focused." at the end of every text so you look like a ding-dong.

wtxiceman and desavona like this.
  17. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

Gotta say that I definitely like the looks of that interior. If I were going to get a Pacifica, it would have to be one with that interior.

somber likes this.
  18. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

PERFECT!

That'll do the trick :)

19. wtxiceman

Level III Supporter

LOL,
    It let's them know you are a responsible driver. :D

20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I have had the lightest possible interiors through my kids’ life without problems. I find ScotchGuard prevents problems with cloth and the leathers seem pretty well coated.

wvutuba likes this.