AF: Looking for K body convertible window weatherstrip | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for K body convertible window weatherstrip

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by 85lebaront2, Aug 18, 2017.

1. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

I am trying to find some replacement outer front window weatherstrips for a 1986 LeBaron convertible, I would expect that 1983-86 are the same. Out of the two cars, the wrecked 85 and the 86 they were both completely petrified.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Wizard797956, Jan 19, 2018
  3. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

4. marty mopar

marty mopar Well-Known Member

don't have them arizonaparts.com

5. Wizard797956

Wizard797956 Member

6. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Thank you for that link! I thought I had found a source once before but lost it (it's been over 8 years since my 85 was totaled). They also have a excellent price on the carpet, but shipping may kill that, local upholstery shop can get it for $179 delivered. Since I have the car stripped and the floor is being replaced right now, the carpet will be the first piece of interior to go in.

7. marty mopar

window felt kit 1983-87 as above is impossible

the 1982-83 converts were all by themselves

the 87-95 were J body Lebarons and are different

1984-86 is all that is going to work

ImperialCrown likes this.
  8. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

I realize that the 1987 is a J body as are all the later LeBaron convertibles through 1995. The picture, even though small, appears to be the correct pieces with the exception of the two curved pieces. The door strips are one long and and one shorter, long one being the outer and the shorter being the one on the door panel. Short straight ones are most likely for the front of the quarter glass on each side and even having two left and one right quarter glass, I am not sure any of them have a good weatherstrip section on the front edge.

9. marty mopar

if you do order this and it works let us know!!!!

10. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

I will, I have emailed both the reseller and the manufacturer but have not heard back yet.

11. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

I finally (after 2 tries) heard back from the vendor, PUI. I sent this: This is shown on another merchant's site as fitting Chrysler LeBaron convertibles from 1984-1987. Since the body completely changed in 1987 which does it fit? I need the felts for a 1986 LeBaron convertible.

This is what I got back as a reply: 1983-87

So I guess I will have to order a set once the car is back from have the floor repaired. I got a message from my friend who is doing the repair/replacement "Elvis is in the building" I confirmed he meant that my convertible was now inside his shop.

12. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

I went ahead and ordered the set today, I will compare them with the pieces I have here (car is still in the shop, since he is doing it as a trade for work I did, I can't complain) and post the results, now I will need to find at least the driver's side inner seat belt.

13. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Got them in, it is inner and outer for the doors and inner for the quarter windows. I will get some pictures tomorrow and post them. Now I need to find a maroon driver's side inner seat belt, mine is rusted through on the strap.

14. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Ok, picture of the window seal kit as promised along with the apparent actual manufacturer's logo and a PN from the sticker. It even includes the staples for the inner seals and the outers have the clips on them to snap into the doors. DSCN2933.jpg DSCN2934.jpg DSCN2935.jpg

andybuzz2u and ImperialCrown like this.
  15. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

That was a good find. I kick myself for not hoarding some NOS catwhiskers away for myself, but I never expected to own the car 32 years later. I did get some NOS outside wipers from Arizona parts a few years back. The inside wipers went many, many years ago, however, the chrome held up good.

85lebaront2 likes this.
  16. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Now I am trying to find seat belts, or at least inner ones for the front seats, the driver's side is rusted away where it bolts to the floor tunnel and the passenger's side isn't far behind it.

17. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

Any seat lap belt from any K car will work. The only real difference is the buckle cover and the lower sleeve on the belt near the door. If you like me and don't want to chance used 35 plus-year-old seatbelt's this is what I replaced mine with, 3 Point Retractable Seat Belt With Plastic Push Button Buckle (at https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/WSCH201P.html ) No they are not factory correct, but I just couldn't trust a seatbelt sitting on a shelve for the last 30+ years and expect it to no be rotted.

18. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Wrong! the 1983-1986 convertibles use completely different belts that the sedans, primarily due to the lack of a high location for the front shoulder belts. The guide attaches to the rear quarter structure just behind the door opening.The buckle end is also shorter and straight rather than having the longer with the did ran angle. These bolt to the side of the tunnel just below the mid-body reinforcement. Just about everything on the interior is different including the seat mechanisms.

19. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

Right! Put the retractor mounting tab in a vise bend it 90 degrees and presto will fit any 1982-1986 K convertible. They are the same belt, width, and length! IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1217.JPG

20. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Marty, I installed the left outer today, I can either send you the pictures if you like or shrink them and post them here (it will probably take two posts, one before and one after).

21. marty mopar

post some pics