AF: Major announcement: Allpar changes | Page 10 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major announcement: Allpar changes

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Techadmin

Techadmin Administrator

The only thing that has changed for you is this announcement and my presence here. This is an opportunity to keep the site running and help it continue to grow. Dave made the decision to pass on the site management to us, nothing was gobbled up.
    -Philip

jimboy, Zachary, Zagnut27 and 4 others like this.
  2. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I suspect that many more people would be upset if the site was simply shut down.

That said, I'm anxious to see how this plays out too.

3. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

[​IMG]

4. mentalicca

mentalicca Well-Known Member

Guys, can we give this a chance before coming out with torches and pitchforks. So far nothing has changed, and as a matter of fact, it was explicitly stated that XenForo will stay as the forum, we aren't losing SSL security (so https still works), the lights are on, nothing has changed. Eventually Dave would have had to pass on the management of Allpar to someone else to ensure it runs anyway, and this sounds like this was an amicable way to do it.

So let's take a deep breath and continue to enjoy and post on Allpar as we did before. Thanks guys.

5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Heck, I'm even still logging in and adding news.

6. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

My jabs have been in jest - so far nothing has changed, I've got nothing to complain about lol

T-Dot25 and Techadmin like this.
  7. Ryan

It feels like more of a back end change than one we'll ever really notice. I thought we'd see more changes by now but I'm pleasantly surprised.

T-Dot25 and UN4GTBL like this.
  8. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, I got the shakes for a little bit and started sweating profusely...but the hallucinations were kinda nice. :)

9. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

I have noticed that.

I wonder, if you had waited a month or two that this had been done if people would have even noticed.

Ryan and tf34mech like this.
  10. Cornupenuria

Cornupenuria Well-Known Member

I'll confess; I've been on Allpar a lot less without Mopar Norm and Bob_Sheaves. I'm probably older than either of them. Having formal education in math, physics, meteorology, and engineering myself; I felt that both really knew what they were talking about.

GasAxe, MPE426HEMI, ScramFan and 5 others like this.
  11. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

First of all Id like to convey my greatfulness for what you have created mate and thank you for your often accurate informative and enthusiasm for all things mopar, Now go get some well earned rest and Mopar to tha front.

BASONE88 likes this.
  12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Norm and Bob S were interesting guys to say the least. They both had a variety of life experiences and could hold a conversation on just about any topic. That’s what I liked most about both of them. Both were highly opinionated, and weren’t shy about sharing their opinions...lol. I learned a ton from both of them. Of course, all of this is equally true of Dave as well. :)

T-Dot25, codypet, BASONE88 and 3 others like this.
  13. desavona

desavona Active Member

Just experienced an Amazon “win a prize” spinning wheel ad that redirected me from allpar. Any ad that I cannot close and have to relaunch the allpar website and find where I was is unacceptable.

14. mentalicca

mentalicca Well-Known Member

Thats not from this site. Thats DNS Hijacking. Nothing allpar can do about it. But you or your ISP can block the fraudulent IP addresses to prevent it.

T-Dot25, somber, Zachary and 2 others like this.
  15. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes

No, I cleaned up my cookies and browsing history. Still won't come up. I'm using IE 11. I'm not getting any error code, just a blank page. It's no big problem as I use Chrome more these days--crashes less than IE, from what I notice.

16. William Pinson

William Pinson New Member

Dave,

Thank you for all your hard work and a fantastic website. I trust that you made a good and solid decision. May God bless you in this new chapter, and with healing! (sorry to hear about the health issues) Go get some rest and have some fun, and go rebuild that Valiant - we'll look forward to some posted pictures!

William Pinson
    1996 Shadow ES
    2006 Jeep Liberty

Ryan likes this.
  17. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

@Techadmin how many more "quick server updates" should we expect?

18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Quick... HA! Thus far, Allpar has spent more down time than being up.

19. moparmuscle

moparmuscle Active Member

Dave,

Thank you for the years of hard work. Prayed for you today that your treatments are successful and you have the best recovery possible. God Bless.

20. Techadmin

Techadmin Administrator

You are correct, this is not acceptable. Can you tell me what browser you where using, the operating system and if you are on a desktop, tablet, or phone? I need this info to look into how this appeared for you.

I am hoping not as many as have happened in the last 24 hours.
    -Philip

suzq044 likes this.