Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maserati Ghibli Gran Lusso review

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by romalerig, Nov 19, 2017.

1. romalerig

romalerig Well-Known Member

First Drive: 2018 Maserati Ghibli (at http://driving.ca/maserati/ghibli/reviews/road-test/first-drive-2018-maserati-ghibli )

upload_2017-11-20_0-35-48.gif

2. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

The constant improvements to the Ghibli truly make it a compelling car in a very competitive segment. And the 2018MY introduced the quite necessary electronic assistance systems that put it on par with the competitors of the segment.
    I think this a car that will be able to hold its own until 2020 with these changes.

AlfaCuda, ScramFan and Morty like this.
  3. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

My only problem with it is the $100,000 (Canadian dollars) price tag by the time you add a few options. What FCA is missing is the $50,000 - $70,000 dollar market. That is where the 300 should be aimed at for large car buyers, not the mid sized Alfa, which I think starts around $70,000 Cad. for a decently equipped model. Too much of a price gap between the European and North American built cars.

4. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

Giulia is a mid-size car, and starts at $50k (Canadian) for the RWD model. There is no "stripped out" model in the Giulia range - they're all well appointed, it's just a matter of how good an interior you want, or how many extra toys.

I think there will be a C$50-70,000 Chrysler, but it won't be 300; it'll be a large CUV. That's where "Luxury" buyers have gone over the last decade or so. Only brands with a strong performance story can charge big money for cars these days.

Deckard_Cain and ScramFan like this.
  5. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Thanks, I checked prices after my post and realized I was too high on my estimate. They spec out at around $57,000 for a pretty good one, but there isn't much selection in the TI range especially color and interior choices. I was looking for a metallic blue with light tan TI, nothing in Canada to match! I wonder how they are on factory orders?

6. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Thanks, I checked prices after my post and realized I was too high on my estimate. They spec out at around $57,000 for a pretty good one, but there isn't much selection in the TI range especially color and interior choices. I was looking for a metallic blue with light tan TI, nothing in Canada to match! I wonder how they are on factory orders?

7. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

It'd be interesting to see if you could factory-order from Canada. The factory itself will have no problem with an order like this, because that's how virtually all customers in Europe buy cars in this class, but your dealership and/or FCA Canada may have a different opinion on custom orders.

It takes around 9 weeks from having an order placed to having a car in the factory yard waiting to be shipped. If you're lucky, and your order lines up nicely with the production planner's schedule, that can be as short as three weeks, but 8-9 seems to be the norm.

jimboy likes this.
  8. T_690

T_690 Active Member

It can be done from the USA. I don't know why Canada could be different.

jimboy likes this.
  9. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

My guess would be lack of volume, not enough customers to support a factory program? Here in Canada they discourage people from ordering cars that are built in Canada, i.e: LA, LD, LX, They want you to buy what's on the lot, which goes hand in hand with the generally poor service from Chrysler dealerships up here.

10. romalerig

romalerig Well-Known Member

Forbes review:

2018 Maserati Ghibli Captivates With Italian Charm (at https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelharley/2017/11/22/2018-maserati-ghibli-captivates-with-italian-charm/#2f2c57772a14 )

Morty likes this.