AF: Master Platform/Body Codes List | Page 7 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master Platform/Body Codes List

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by oh2o, Aug 1, 2006.

1. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

They share only paint shop.

2. facelvega

facelvega Member

Thats very interesting, I'd assumed they may have found a way of doing at least trim & final together.

The flow I'd asusmed from past jobs was:

Separate body shops for Giorgio and Compact
    Shared Paint
    Separate early assembly (body & powertrain stuff-up etc)
    Shared Trim & Final
    Shared validation and shipping/logistics zone

Then again a past employer tried mixing transverse and longitudinal architecture builds this way...we could never make it work...but they also had the complication of one architecture being steel and the other aluminium.

3. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Fiat paid very few of that layoffs, most is from taxpayer and the other companies that didn't used the "cassa integrazione ordinaria" or "cassa integrazione ordinaria".

The whole system was changed in 2015 to penalize, a little bit, the ones that were using too much.

For the company the contribution (on 80% of the salary) was 8% for "cassa integrazione ordinaria" and 4.5% for "cassa integrazione staordinaria".

Every company, for the sectors that can use that instrument and having more than 15 employees, pays annualy a contribution to the fund that is calculated as percentage on annual total salaries (2.2%).

With 2015 reform they changed the values: company annual contribution on total salaries decreased to 2%, while the share when they use the instrument of "cassa integrazione guadagni" increased to 9% (on all salary, not on 80% as before) and 12% if they use for more than 52 weeks.
    The rules are more complex as well as calculation, but that us the base.

FCA used and uses frequently the "cassa integrazione guadagni ordinaria", the cost for them is low and they have same workers that already know their job and duties in the plant.

4. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Cassino has also a press shop with cold and hot presses. They produce parts also for other plants.
    Plastic shop was added some years ago, maybe 2014.

Also Melfi has two lines.
    One is for Fiat Punto, should be free when Punto will stop production.
    Are already some years that on media is announced the end of production, but this time it looks like is very near. Trim levels, variants, already were reduced heavily one year ago.

#124 MJAB, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

I spent some time looking at the presentation and here is my analysis of the plan for the Jeep brand:

I noticed that the presentation doesn't say "3-row Grand Cherokee." It says "E-segment 3-row." Couldn't this be a Pacifica-based CUV? I suspect that it will be based on the Pacifica-based Chrysler E-CUV and that, like the Grand Commander, it will be a China-only affair. According to the slides, the Chinese plants will produce two China-only models. The first is the D-segment Grand Commander. The second will likely the "E-segment 3-row." They will both be produced and sold in the US as Chryslers.

JNAP will produce only the 2-row Grand Cherokee (for global distribution).

The only new Jeeps we will be getting in the US will be the JT and the GW.

The "Low D 3-row" is likely to be based on the "SUSW SUV" platform (Renegade/500X, Compass, Toro). There has long been talk about a Fiat 3-row CUV version of the Toro to replace the Freemont. I suspect that this project was moved to Jeep, that it will be low-tech/low-cost/low-performance, and that it will be sold only in emerging markets such as South America and India (look at the region-specific slides in the Jeep presentation).

As far as the A/B UV, it is only mentioned on the slide for the India, unless it is what is referred to as an "Urban UV" on the China slide. Perhaps they haven't decided just how global its reach will be, as South America and possibly EMEA seem like they could be viable markets as well. I'll be surprised if they market it in NAFTA, but then again, they originally weren't going to sell the Renegade here, but I bet they are glad they changed their minds about that (I know I am!).

cgseller likes this.
  6. Bob from Ohio

Bob from Ohio Member

any codes for Chrysler Crossfires? Also where can I find how many '08's were Gold color?

7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

They did confirm the Wagoneer on DT over the last year, I don't know if it'll have DT codes though...