AF: Maybe just as well Renault deal didn't work out | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe just as well Renault deal didn't work out

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Beentherebefore, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

2. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Actually, Renaults are above the industry average for quality. Depending on the index, actually quite a bit above in some instances. If you're going to post something as factual, you might want to actually have facts.

3. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

4. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

Yeah. some commenters already speculate some possibilities from what I saw on this French blog post.
    Nissan : réflexion accélérée en secret pour divorcer de Renault ? - Leblogauto.com (at https://www.leblogauto.com/2020/01/nissan-reflexion-acceleree-secret-divorcer-de-renault.html#comment-1263096 )
    (and here the approximate translation Google Translate (at https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.leblogauto.com%2F2020%2F01%2Fnissan-reflexion-acceleree-secret-divorcer-de-renault.html%23comment-1263096 ) )

5. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Oh man, of course I have More than enough facts.

Let me tell you that perhaps I drive at least 10 different vehicles from several makes.

We drive those in different roads and drive them many miles, etc.

AND again, Nissan AND Renault aré junk, dont care what others can say, nobody tests vehicles as we do.

brewdad likes this.
  6. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Your assessment of Renault and Nissan quality derived from personal experience leaves me wondering (possibly with dread)...about the quality of offerings from Groupe PSA?

7. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

FWIW, in the U.K. Peugeot has moved to the top of the quality rankings in a relatively short period of time. The exact opposite from Fiat.

[​IMG]

aspenandenclave12 and Tony K like this.
  8. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

In Germany, Peugeot slipped from below 6th to below industry average.

Either way, still much better than Fiat.

[​IMG]

aspenandenclave12 and Tony K like this.
  9. 97 plymouth neon expresso

97 plymouth neon expresso Well-Known Member

Mitsubishi In 1st place in Germany?? Look where MB, BMW and Audi are! UK doesn't even rank Mitsubishi?

10. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

America, or European countries, Fiat is near the bottom. At least they're consistent.o_O

page2171 and gforce2002 like this.
  11. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

J.D. Powers "dependability" ... as usual I wait that someone will explain me, if it is a real "dempendability" study, why cars of same group, based on same platform/architectures, using same powertrains and components, which differences are in styling and internal plastics and materials, can be at top, middle and end. => Skoda, Volkswagen, SEAT and Audi.
    And in most regions are sold and serviced in same dealerships.

Ryan, tlc, Dave Z and 2 others like this.
  12. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Really interesting. How does Peugeot top out the rankings in the UK, but fall just below industry average in Germany, yet VAG's brands and the Asian brands are consistent across the board, as are Opel/Vauxhall on the above average side, and the higher end German brands consistently at the bottom of the stack with Fiat. Is it being confounded by different models being more prevalent in the UK, or inconsistency between LHD and RHD in Peugeot for some reason that's not a problem on the Opel/Vauxhall, or something completely different?

True as that may be, it doesn't make for a representative sample. PSA makes millions of vehicles, and you tested a few. That's a start. Not to mention, how many people drive their vehicles the way you do?

13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

There are valid reasons, and in a large part it will come down to perceptions. You can't ignore perceptions when talking about quality or dependability. It's no different than two similar cars having vastly different insurance premiums.
    Different expectations for different brands (or even different models within the brands).
    Different enough owner pools that treat their vehicles differently (i.e.: people who enjoy driving vs. appliance buyers).
    And there are more. I'm sure JD Power's data mechanism can provide insight into why similar products are rated differently if a manufacturer wishes to explore more. Or a manufacturer can explore it on their own.

14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Perhaps the Germans are as hard on their domestic brands as we are to ours in the US? A clear case of import-envy? :p

15. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

You are right, but than "perceived dependability" is not "dependability" and than the name of the study should be different.
    J.D. Power offers services to manufacturers, it their business, but that shouldn't make data public; well they could do, but should also give us an insight of which are actual and past clients.
    But is just another example of commistion between the supervised and supervisors, and their too big gray zones.

AlfaCuda and T_690 like this.
  16. valiant67

valiant67 ...

"Perceived" reliability becomes actual reliability when it affects how a person treats their car.
    An example from the US past, of course well beyond the 3 year JD Power survey:
    It is very common to find older Buick and Oldsmobile still puttering around in nice, reliable condition while the equivalent Pontiac or Chevrolet has long since been sent to the scrap yards.The Oldsmobile and Buick owners expected their cars to last and spent money to maintain them over the years. The car was a long term "investment" and was usually garaged. The equivalent Pontiac or Chevrolet was often just transportation. An unexpected expense on a car a person expects to last is justified because they plan on it being reliable for the foreseeable future. An unexpected expense on a "common" car is often skipped and the money spent on a down payment on another car.
    Perception becomes reality.

17. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

I do think Peugeot are among the best vehicles un Europe

18. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

When you Will drive a Peugeot you Will then understand what Im talking about..

I do think Peugeot Is oerfect for Chrysler, we just need yo ve without Fiat and Alfa

19. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Italians are synonym for quality in comparison to Pug.

20. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Excuse me, but I have driven both Peugeot and Citroen, as well as Renault in Germany. Sorry, I don't find either of your conclusions about these brands to have any more merit than J.D. Power, What Car, et al.

Zagnut27 and NWbyNW like this.