AF: Meet The 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition: | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meet The 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition:

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Sep 21, 2018.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Meet The 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition:
    You Asked For, Ram Trucks Delivers...

[​IMG]

Rebel fans have been asking for it, and Ram has answered. Yes, the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel will now come with the option of the 12.1-inch UConnect touchscreen. Meet the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition.

For more pictures and the entire article, click the link below...

Meet The 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition: - Mopar Insiders (at https://moparinsiders.com/meet-the-2019-ram-1500-rebel-12-special-edition/ )

HotCarNut, danbek, jwp44 and 4 others like this.
  2. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

Thank you @redriderbob - that is very good news. This more or less confirms the TRX will at the very least have it as an available option (though I suspect it will be standard on such a flagship vehicle).

3. stratoblaster

stratoblaster Active Member

Cool, but will this trim offer optional adaptive cruise control as well, unlike the "regular" Rebel? Can't imagine spending ~$60k+ on a 2019 vehicle, with no ACC.

4. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

To redriderbob:
    Thank you for all that you do on this website.
    It is very much appreciated.

GasAxe, HotCarNut, danbek and 4 others like this.
  5. jwp44

jwp44 Active Member

I was surprised to see that some of this info is already up on the Ram truck website which says this option will be available 4th quarter 2018; will this Rebel 12 package be open for ordering only for a limited time or no time limit? I was waiting for end of this year before ordering my Rebel in hope it would be offered with leather seats; if ordering is time limited I don't want to miss out on this package; I don't care about the 99 speaker sound system or 12 inch screen but will take them in order to get leather seats.

6. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

The only thing missing from this truck for total segment domination is a 6.4 Hemi. They'd sell everyone they could build with all this new equipment added.

Devildodge and HotCarNut like this.
  7. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Good thing the TR will have the 7.0 and the TRX will have a 6.2 supercharged.

8. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

Gotta pay to play.

I do see Ram offering the 6.4L in top trims eventually, especially with Ford putting the Raptor's EcoBust into their top trim now.

Devildodge and Ryan like this.
  9. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

They would make a lot of people happy with that. Once the TR/TRX models are available, how well they sell may factor into such considerations, but ultimately, it has to make business sense. Is the rest of the standard 1500 drive train designed to handle the higher power output? How much more design/engineering would need to be done to accommodate 6.4L (and 7.0L, if rumors are true) engines in Ram Trucks? How much more will that drive up the price of already expensive trucks? Is there return on investment?
    It's not as simple as dropping a different engine in the bay and there will be costs associated with the changes. Mike Manley did state in the five year plan that they were looking to drive up the average truck transaction price and that would be one way to do it, but driving the price up doesn't alone drive the profits up. If they can make more money putting 6.4/7.0L engines in trucks than they do with 5.7L engines, they no doubt will, but in so doing will they merely drive people away from diesel and toward gas?
    I'd like to see bigger engines, but that's more of a wish list than a must have - except for the TRX, which is a dedicated performance model.
    I have a feeling we'll know come January. I'm optimistic.

HotCarNut likes this.
  10. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

Will reclining rear seats be included in this package?

11. jwp44

jwp44 Active Member

The Rebel 12 package is now shown on the Ram build site and lists 12" u-connect, HK 19 speaker system and leather seats with power passenger seat added; no mention of reclining rear seats; price is $2,995 US.

VoiceOfReason and HotCarNut like this.
  12. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

I really like this truck. The interior is fantastic. Great job to everyone involved in making them

13. jwp44

jwp44 Active Member

I am hoping there will be a stand alone leather seat option offered by early next year---I prefer the 8.4 navigation screen and have no need for 19 speaker system.