AF: Mega Cab Long Bed | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mega Cab Long Bed

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by msciresa, Feb 25, 2016.

1. BASONE88

Supporter

Yep, yep..it does look cartoonish. Like - I had to rub my eyes and pinch myself(make sure I wasn't dreaming).

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Shane Estabrooks and BASONE88 like this.
  3. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

In the other thread Added a link to an upfitter in the area who does longbed conversions. Anxiously awaiting to see if it is a true Ram or not. Don't matter to me, if I could buy it, I would be on a plane to Utah.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  4. BASONE88

Supporter

Here's what I found out; the last seven digits of the VIN are G340217(I got a terrible picture). The owner is from Pennsylvania - a Mr. Grant Marsden. It is aftermarket. There is a local shop that does this..that is why he had it done here. It is, infact, two beds welded together.

5. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Apparently the threads got combined. I thought I lost it for awhile. May still have though ha ha

6. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Yes, I combined them.

Mike

7. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Thanks. It has been a long week, on vacation, just thought the kids drove me over the edge lol

Mike V. likes this.
  8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Here is your sure answer... it is a conversion...

BASONE88 likes this.
  9. Mega Ram

Mega Ram Member

Correct -
    This is my truck that under went a stretch - Brian Wood at stretch my truck was the only guy willing to take on this project , Riley was also involved
    I didn't want to loose the 8ft bed capacity when installing a tool box so we had the bed lengthened to suit - first one done , I have many one off toys
    Reese Buck at SVD has been great - cool bloke to deal with
    I've had long-bed mega cabs since 2008, my first was done by Kadell Suggs in lamprasas Tx it was his 14th built, KS conversions don't do body mods, he will only do the bed swap, Kadell also does great work

10. BASONE88

Supporter

Riley is the salesman that knows Brian, is that correct (or he has some connection to Stretch My Truck)?

11. Mega Ram

Mega Ram Member

Riley works with Brian at SMT

12. BASONE88

Supporter

Rumors have been around awhile about a truck like yours. What inspired you to extend your bed like this?

13. Mega Ram

Mega Ram Member

Well ......since the redesign of the dually bed to the smooth side I had wanted to include a nice tool box (weather guard boxs are the rolls Royce of tool boxes)
    however if you put one in the bed (I chose the 30"model) you come back down to less than a 6ft bed, I didn't want to give that space up,
    I carry some exotic fuels for my hobby and was concerned if I keep them in the trailer the trailer is then at risk of fire, I wanted to carry the fuels in a bed type style tool box.
    I hunted around for some one to do this stretch but know one was really interested - Until........
    I was watching diesel brothers and they went to Brian Wood of stretch my truck to do a 6 door conversion
    I gave Brian a call and he and his crew couldn't wait -
    First deposit I put down on a new truck was with L H miller Dodge in Salt Lake City, we ran thru what I wanted in options Etc.
    Waited for 3 months for the truck, well guess what.....it came with the wrong interior, a puke yellow and sh*t brown combination
    Emails transpired over what to do with the truck, as I didn't order a truck with puke yellow interior, LH Miller stopped communicating ??? So I sent email and call the CEO of LH Miller and was met with no response ?? so I called one last time and told them to go procreate them self's !!!

Moving on..... I contacted Reese Buck at salt lake valley doge - I would recommend him to any one, he communicates with his customers
    When the truck rolled up Reese sent pic's strait away, the truck was then shipped over to Brian Wood and his crew to do the stretch
    Brian informed me that it wasn't the first truck incidence at LH Miller

So being the first one along with it being a one-off Brian and his crew went to work, I had most parts shipped to Brian & Riley directly
    At point it sits at the SLVD dealership till I can pick it up due to business commitments, but I do know one thing is that it has attracted a lot of attention

Thx.
    Grant

14. BASONE88

Supporter

Yes it has! That is a pretty busy area of Salt Lake..so parked there - like it is - gives both it (and the dealer) a fair amount of "high profile" exposure.;)

15. Mega Ram

Mega Ram Member

Reese told me they sold a truck when a customer seen what had been done to mine , I believe it was to be a std long bed conversion

16. Mega Ram

Mega Ram Member

Finally picked it up - drove 2200 Ml in 2 days back to PA
    Have had many comments on the truck when I pull in for diesel - people know there's something different ....then they start asking questions
    Drives like a dream .....:D

17. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Will have to keep an eye out for you. Anxious to hear updates. Does it fit in two parking spots or does it have to go diaganol and take up 8 lol

18. BASONE88

Supporter

Very nice!..I was wondering how your trip has been. I noticed the truck has been gone - for a week or so - from the dealer!

19. Mega Ram

Mega Ram Member

Actually I prefer to take 4 spots , cause you know when you park away from everyone else and when you return to your truck there's gunna be some wanka parked as close as they can to you ........for what ever reason these people do this I have no idea
    FYI - Currently getting ave 17.4 mpg , that's not too bad in my books , started filling with my biodiesel so we shall keep tabs on the mpg as it increased in my last truck

#59 Mega Ram, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  20. Mega Ram

Mega Ram Member

Well......
    4 yrs on , 21 K on the odometer , still drives like a pussy cat
    Current mpg is at 23 Hwy cruising
    Still running it on my Bio fuel
    Thinking of doing something different again with a 2020 model
    Thinking of selling if the rite price can be negotiated -
    Business Ph. 4 zero 7 968-15 three nine , leave a message please

#60 Mega Ram, Jun 28, 2020