AF: Mild redesign for the Pacifica | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mild redesign for the Pacifica

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Mr.Source, Dec 29, 2019.

1. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Yes Ryan, 1st Palisade with blown engine at 6K miles at the dealership now. Almost a dozen Sonata's and Santa Fe's with blown engine's awaiting parts and these include Hybrids. I won't go into the number of cars waiting on transmission, anything else?

2. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

I waited and wanted you to come back and share with us, but not to do battle with longstanding members....

HotCarNut and Tony K like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Wow. I thought KIA and Hyundai were some of the more reliable imports?

HotCarNut, LeeRyder and danbek like this.
  4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Customers do seem to be taken care of when troubles do develop. Something FCA could learn from.

5. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

They are. We’ll see if this is happening in big enough numbers to affect reliability ratings in the next couple of years.

6. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Lot's of issues on the hush hush......FCA would never get away with it

UN4GTBL, Tony K and wtxiceman like this.
  7. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

In these times of litigation, you have to cover your a**.......

HotCarNut likes this.
  8. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

All depends on who you talk to and how you word it.....

9. serpens

Well they did, it’s just happened enough times to the point where no one is willing to cut them any slack. The same will happen to Hyundai/Kia if they don’t handle this correctly.

Without any stats I’m not willing to cast the doom and gloom cloud over H/K just yet.

aspenandenclave12 and UN4GTBL like this.
  10. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

News to me too. My exwife is on her 2nd Kia (she has this bad habit of totalling cars), but both have been solid (and handsome) little cars.

11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Someone gets it. Thank you.

UN4GTBL and HotCarNut like this.
  12. Mopar7171

Mopar7171 Well-Known Member

It's been said in here many times... Nothing is official ... til, it's official. I've seen many so called 'insiders' wrong on here...

Quambi, codypet and gforce2002 like this.
  13. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I have found that most information about upcoming things usually are intentionally released. If one searches on the internet when these are released, most times multiple sources dump the info.

14. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

That's incorrect, FCA is being called on "white collar" crimes. H/K problems are into the public domain and are being suppressed. I see it every single day, close up and live.

15. serpens

Are you insinuating that FCA has never gotten away with having a large amount of issues on their cars? I would there's been more than a few that have been swept under the rug (although many haven't).

For a modern day example, I'd say FCA is lucky that EcoDiesel failures haven't been more publicized than they have.

16. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

The kia sedona drives badly. the engine is bad the seats feel like sitting on rocks but I like the rear side windows so I'm going to buy it.

Tony K, codypet, wilbur and 1 other person like this.
  17. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

No, what I am saying is the issues that are plaguing K/H vehicles far exceed anything (Takata airbag excluded) that plagues FCA. Engine failures and fires at an exceedingly high rate and there are other issues. I'm sure you are not even aware of some of the Genesis gremlins

UN4GTBL and HotCarNut like this.
  18. serpens

Haven’t seen the data yet, so I’ll have to take your word for it. I am aware of the 3.3t V6 having issues, but am not aware of any issues without a known fix at this time.

19. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

I bought my 2016 because I wanted to get one before they went away. I'm sure there were many others over the last 5 years that thought the same way. Brilliant marketing actually. Get one now because they are leaving lol

Sasquatch are real. New product for Chrysler and Dodge not so much. I do not consider the Voyager "new" product

Personal opinions and we'll all never agree for sure. Plain is much better than ugly in my opinion lol

UN4GTBL and voiceofstl like this.
  20. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

I hope you're very happy with it lol. If I don't like the way a vehicle looks I will never buy it. By seeing what the vast majority of the general public drives they are the total opposite of me! Several posters have always claimed how much better the Chrysler van is compared to the Grand Caravan and you must be stupid to want the Grand Caravan. We have several Pacifica's at work and I have driven them. Other than the interior being nicer LOOKING they do NOT drive better or feel any different than my Grand Caravan.