AF: Mild redesign for the Pacifica | Page 5 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mild redesign for the Pacifica

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Mr.Source, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Unfortunately not false, and apparently the moderators encourage it...I’ve got screenshots to prove it. I sent you a PM.

2. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Honestly that sight is perfect for those folks.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  3. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Cool. Does it look a lot like the renderings that MoperInsiders posted?

4. flffddy

flffddy Active Member

If it does, boy would it be easy to slap a crosshair on that grill and call it a Grand Caravan.

5. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Complete with racetrack tailights.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

You can make a crosshair in your garage!

7. Powdered Toast Man

I wonder if that's the plan for the Canadian market (and maybe part of the reason for the redesign). The DGC outsells the Pacifica by about 20:1 here.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. flffddy

flffddy Active Member

They would be smart to sell it here as well and dump the Voyager.

UN4GTBL, Donte Lindsey and FreeLantz like this.
  9. Powdered Toast Man

I agree completely but for some reason FCA seems determined to fit a square peg into a round hole with their brand plans.

UN4GTBL and Donte Lindsey like this.
  10. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I just returned my rental after a month of use. Best value in any vehicle as far as I'm concerned. Loved it. It's made my next vehicle purchase that much more difficult.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

If they do sell it as a DGC, how would that fit Dodges "affordable performance brand" image? Performance comes in many forms but a Minivan?, NO.

12. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Performance just means it works. We good to go.:)

13. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

The Caravan was offered with a performance variant for a few years also later as an R/T. The Blacked out Pacifica looks kind of Tuff, as others have said performance DOES come in many forms.

14. Adventurer55

Their brand plans are so rigid that they will completely kill the most established minivan brand on the market. I mean the level stupidity runs so deep in this company sometimes. It's hard to fathom that the same people also build and sell Ram and Jeep.

15. valiant67

valiant67 ...

But yet, they keep giving higher performance SUVs to Jeep instead of Dodge so brand plans don’t really mean anything sometimes.

16. Adventurer55

Agreed. If you go back to the 60s and early 70s Dodge did both just fine. And I believe they can do that today. One has to assume that this rigidity is coming right from the top. Certainly people lower in the food chain can see this and can't change it.

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

They can do variants that have the performance “look”, but if they don’t have anything better under the hood than the standard versions then what’s the point? It’s like calling your vehicle a Hellcat, and giving it the performance “look”, but it’s still got the same V6 as the rest of the lineup. Perhaps the new 6 engines, inline and turbo and such can provide the bang for the buck that a performance variant might need (and actually fit into the engine bay).

D570754F-B3DE-4B01-B40D-42340C64B6E3.jpeg

You can make a performance variant of pretty much anything, because as others including you have said, performance has many levels and meanings. The issue as always is, do they feel there would be enough demand to make a good return on investment?

I’d say this though, if they made a Trailhawk van of some sort for Jeep, I’d have my wallet ready. :) (Off-road performance....different flavor, but still ice cream. And who doesn’t like ice cream?? :D)

JavelinAMX, XRT2SRT and danbek like this.
  18. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

A Pacifica with “tighter” suspension, hotter gear ratio and up graded brakes would qualify as a Dodge. A bit more power would not hurt, although the 3.6 with the 9 speed runs pretty strong. A hood scoop seems a little over the top, but God knows Subaru gets away with it.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. Powdered Toast Man

I just don't get this push to make Dodge a performance brand. It never was. Yes, they had muscle cars 50 years ago but they also sold family cars and trucks in that era too. If Dodge truly is supposed to be a performance niche brand then they shouldn't even be selling SXT models at all.

But even in the 90's you had Viper alongside Neon, Stratus, Intrepid, Caravan, Grand Caravan, Dakota, Ram 1500, and Durango. You can't make Dodge into some sort of premium sports car make because when you ask the general public about Dodge they think of these sort of vehicles. Heck, most of the blue collar people I know and work with still refer to all Ram trucks as "Dodge trucks". We had a fleet of pickups at work of various makes and when we got a couple Ram 1500's the foremen would tell me, "take the Dodge" when referring to those trucks.

#99 Powdered Toast Man, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    vipergg, plymouth1, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  20. Powdered Toast Man

I would buy the heck out of that. Omg that looks awesome.

Also, let's not forget Grand Caravan R/T. From the words of Ralph Gilles: "For the guy who wants this (points at Challenger R/T) but needs this (points at GC R/T)."

UN4GTBL, JavelinAMX and Zagnut27 like this.