AF: Mild redesign for the Pacifica | Page 7 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mild redesign for the Pacifica

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Mr.Source, Dec 29, 2019.

1. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Was that the case when the Voyager was available pre 2003? The styling for the Voyager was always more similar to the T&C while there Caravan was slightly different. Did those guys always stick with Caravans?

2. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Huh? Thats silly, you'll get a RAM/Gladiator because BED. who would want to a dead dear corps in the back of there Caravan????

page2171, Ryan, UN4GTBL and 6 others like this.
  3. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I read the same review...but.... Car & Driver had a long termer with zero problems and they loved it.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. george w

Level III Supporter

IMO the Pacifica looks a little dowdy in the rear end styling. To me the turned down character line in the rear quarter panel clashes with the reverse angled rear side window. The black painted areas around around the tailgate window could be eliminated as well. I think it was intended to simulate a wrap around rear glass but it doesn't. All in all though a nice vehicle and not nearly as conflicted a side design as those Honda vans that look like they've been bent in the middle. Look no further than the side and rear end design of the current Jeep Grand Cherokee for clean styling development and timeless body design.

tomit likes this.
  5. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I wouldn't take either one. Wife would be highly upset if I went hunting and put a dead deer in the back of "her" minivan. Oh wait. We don't have a minivan anymore. I think you get my point. Hunters don't use minivans to go hunting. At least, I've never seen one using a minivan to haul whatever dead animal back. Most, if not all, hunters use their Ram, Silverado or F150.

page2171, UN4GTBL, Tony K and 2 others like this.
  6. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

It may be different in the City, but out where I live a lot of guys drive Minivans because of their utility, you know ease of parking, better MPG, and room to haul building material in a locked compartment. Many of the new pickups are driven by young guys, black with blacked out windows and driven very aggressively. Sort of a Male enhancement product for them.

wtxiceman likes this.
  7. Doug D

I'm not in the city. I live in a rural area with quite of few hunters, farmers and construction workers. Hardly any drive or use minivans. We hardly have any drivers such that you describe. Truck beds can be secured - you just have to get a locking cover.

Yes, I can see where a minivan would be easier to handle in the city. Heaven knows I sometimes struggle getting into a parking spot if we take my ole Ram to town.

Ryan, UN4GTBL, Zagnut27 and 1 other person like this.
  8. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

I'm of the opposite opinion...the rear is fine; the Pacifica has a "butter face".
    The update needs to set the tone for future Chrysler design language.

9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Unless, of course, one’s definition of “hunting” is packing up your gear and weapon of choice, climbing into your minivan and going out to your tree stand and drinking beer until it’s time to go back home. Nothing says you have to be a “successful” hunter. :p

#129 Zagnut27, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    UN4GTBL, Tony K, tlc and 3 others like this.
  10. Doug D

I know a few hunters that fall in to that category. A few fisherman too. ;)

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  11. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

That's why they call it "fishing" and don't call it "catching". ;)

UN4GTBL, Tony K, Zagnut27 and 2 others like this.
  12. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Oh yes! I remember that one too!

I also loved my time with a Pacifica... of course it wasn't for a year. :) But the short time I did use one, it was a fine vehicle.

13. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

I like the front and rear okay but there are a lot of things I would change on the sides of the Grand Cherokee.

Adventurer55 likes this.
  14. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

I paid roughly that for a lightly used 05 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins QC in 2006. My BiL paid about the same for a similarly equipped new 06.

I don't know what's more immature: Buying a truck as a "male enhancement," or claiming others are doing so. I know you're probably not lumping all young guys driving said pickups into that pile, but just to say.

Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  15. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Ha
    I've always liked trucks since tonka. No awareness of any enhancement at that time.

Tony K likes this.
  16. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Here's a pretty nice review of the Pacifica Hybrid. I really like watching these guy's reviews as they tend to keep in mind who the target market is for the vehicles they review.

gforce2002 and UN4GTBL like this.
  17. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I personally always preferred the appearance of the Caravan to the T&C. But then again, I don't like chrome, and yes I liked the crosshair grilles.

I was/am annoyed that the Caravan wasn't "allowed" to have all of the premium features that the T&C offered. (HIDs, etc)

Comparing Pacifica vs Caravan is apples vs oranges. The Pacifica is a newer vehicle, and enjoys the benefits of that with newer technology, engineering, etc. I do really like the Pacifica, and think it's the minivan to buy today for sure. But, if there was a re-skinned Pacifica with a Dodge fascia up front and racetrack lighting in the back, I'd much prefer that. Having said that, the S package on the Pacifica gets rid of all the chrome, so that helps it in my eyes!

18. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I guess we aren't upset that THIS Caravan is ending, but it's been weird that FCA elected not to make a Caravan model based on the new Pacifica architecture and design. This is the first time in history that the company has not kept the new models synced and continued producing the previous model instead of a new one. What SHOULD have happened is both new minivans launched together in 2017. Instead they decided to sell a new and much more expensive Pacifica alongside an outdated discount queen Caravan.

UN4GTBL and FreeLantz like this.
  19. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I also live in a rural area and don't know of anyone who thinks of a minivan as anything remotely close to a truck replacement for hauling cargo.

20. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

You guys are severely over blowing the price different between the gc and the pacifica. You can get a brand new Pacifia for low 20s all day long while a gc is going for 17-20k as an older outdated and way less equipped vehcile. If they were to update it or even had did the update at the same time as the pacifica it would be going for the same price as the pacifica a that point which defeats it's whole purpose. Hell as it stands right now you can get a pacfica and voyger for the same price

ScramFan likes this.