Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing out on a market and ???s

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by Edsfudd, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Edsfudd

Edsfudd Member

With Dodge being the "High Performance" line at FCA I feel they are missing a opportunity with the discontinued SRT Chrysler 300. The 6.4 392 Hemi is a POWERHOUSE in ANYTHING it's put in. I Understand making Dodge the HP line but Why not just put the 392 in the 300 and market it as a 300 "C" letter car? The Chrysler letter cars of old were a good marketing line luxury, affordable, powerful. I just think FCA is not using Chrysler to it's advantage. The 200 was to small it should have been a Dodge. Before Daimler left they should have gotten the "C" class chassis to use as a Chrysler and even a Dodge and as long as I'm wishing the "S" Class as a Chrysler Imperial.

2. Tomguy

Level 2 Supporter

3. stig45

stig45 Member

It's remarkable to me that the US companies can't figure out how to sell luxury cars anymore. Granted, this current generation of luxury car buyers may be a lost cause. But still.

FCA in particular seems to be have no clue what to do with its brands. 2 Vehicle offerings for Chrysler? That's a joke. I don't know the history of the 300, but I assume the C is the top of the line? And the S is sport? The way I see it they could put the 6.4 in the S (SRT?) model and leave the 5.7 for the C.

Car companies are back to offering everything for everybody, just look at the laughable proliferation of models among the Germans. FCA on the other hand put itself in some death spiral cutting models everywhere. Yet on the one hand offering some mind-numbing number of trims on others models.

wtxiceman likes this.