Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model Engine displays??

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by 528-Hemi, May 18, 2016.

1. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Yes Snail mail would be cheapest! my zip code is:

2. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

3. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Yeah, I appreciate it..... It is a bit more then I'm willing to have anyone do for me as a favor and all.... I appreciate it..... Thank You! You did try! And that alone I appreciate too!

4. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Wow! Great minds think alike! Love your Pistons. I done this about 10 years ago with a '66-'71 Street HEMI piston. The part number on the top is 2780514. 11.5:1 piston as far as I can find out. I painted the skirt on mine Hemi Orange (of course) and polished the dome. I made a custom wooden base and an acrylic enclosure for it. My intentions were to make a Brass nameplate for it, but people kept asking me what it was so I got out the old label maker Lol!
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

528-Hemi likes this.
  5. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

SWEET!!! I however am gonna make model engines to go around mine!! -I knew the compression on mine was a bit highter. (Dome was bigger)

ANYWAY nice work on yours!!!!! -On my side of the project, I'm not even close to having mine done yet LOL

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  6. Knitknurled

Knitknurled New Member

I picked up crankshaft & rod/piston assemblies from machine shop about a week ago and the guy behind the counter (owners son) informed me that when they cleaned the pistons (to recondition rods, they have to clean them because their machine clamps the piston during recondition process) they "found" the pistons were knurled! Seems they have the same style/design as those you have. The pistons I have measure 4.209" across top of piston and 4.245" across the skirts and 4.0215" across the bottom parallel the pin. Casting number 2439099 is also now visible. unsure what the casting marks on other side are, they cleaned them so well that the crosshatching around the pins cleaned off the 3rd compression ring groove vanished and some sort of ectostamp remained...I bet the performance of these is unmatched!

7. Knitknurled

Knitknurled New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Knitknurled

Knitknurled New Member

9. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

So you plan to use those pistons then? I'm unsure of your meaning behind what you've posted here....

10. Knitknurled

Knitknurled New Member

venting/sharing the quality of work I was Treated to for a customer's engine parts by a local Albuquerque machine shop. The abstract knurling,piston size, and some other details were similar and the idea of putting them under glass on a shelf is about the only useful purpose to them now.

11. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

What kinda pistons are they? Hemi or Wedge? I'd be interested in one of each if you'd have both, or one single pistom as I have a BUNCH of one type model motor to go around them, and be better if it was 2 pistons so I lack none of the model engine "types" of the same engine.... (If that makes sense!

I'd LOVE to get my hands on a STOCK 426 Hemi piston, as well as a 383 Wedge and a 440 Wedge, and if I get lucky, a 426 Wedge piston, just to make the engines in model-form to go with the real piston one of each engine size.....