Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar’s already geared up for 2018 Wrangler JL

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Production of the 2018 Wrangler JL is still 13 days away, but Mopar has already unveiled an entire showroom full of aftermarket goodies for the newest Jeep in the family.

[​IMG]

The reason is simple: the Jeep Wrangler is, quite possibly, the most aftermarket-altered vehicle sold in the United States today. Fully 98% of Wranglers have at least one Mopar aftermarket part. Perhaps that’s why the first intentional showing of the 2018 Wrangler JL is at the specialty-equipment manufacturers’ show in Las Vegas.

With a virtual guarantee that nearly all “JL” buyers will mod their new Jeeps, Mopar didn’t hold back, spending over 100,000 hours developing, validating and testing the new equipment.

[​IMG]

As you’ve already heard, they’ve added an auxiliary switch bank and power distribution center on the dash to accommodate customer add-ons — an idea brought over from Ram chassis cabs.

Some of the goodies are being previewed today in Las Vegas, at the SEMA aftermarket show. Mopar head Pietro Gorlier wrote that Mopar had taken input from Wrangler owners to create the lineup of accessories and performance parts.

[​IMG]

New LED off-road lights, in five and seven-inch sizes, pump out up to 8,000 lumens, putting commercial and military grade illumination into the hands of hard core off-roaders. They mount to the frame rails, winch guard, or windshield via new brackets.

[​IMG]

New rock rails are thicker and wider to protect the body, and use the same non-slip coating as Ram bed-liners. An off-road bumper for the Rubicon maintains factory standards and fits the SUV’s look.

New beadlock-capable 17-inch aluminum wheels have a 12 mm offset to take oversized tires; other 17-inch five-spoke off-road wheel options are available in silver, black, and a “gear” design.

[​IMG]

The two-inch lift kit, when paired with high-top fender flares, can handle oversized 37-inch tires.

[​IMG]

The 2018 Wrangler JL will be the first to take a Mopar roof rack; it can take cargo carriers for skis, snowboards, bicycles, and other gear.

[​IMG]

The Mopar tailgate table flips out to create a utility space and beverage holder, and folds up for storage. The first aid kit now has individual pockets.

[​IMG]

New grab handles are now hard-secured to the sport bars, for increased grip. Mopar has also launched mesh and solid bikini tops, to keep the open feel but protect from the sun; new screen protectors block dust and debris from cluttering Uconnect displays and can enhance their visibility.

[​IMG]

Other parts include graphics, tire covers in a variety of styles, all-weather floor mats, cargo trays, grab handles, and fuel doors. Among the graphics are a “1941” hood design for the Sport and an American-flag theme; all Wranglers can carry bodyside graphics, including a subtle 1941 stripe and a Moab-type off-road silhouette. Tire covers include camo, American flag designs, and Jeep designs, and were redesigned because of the integrated rear-view camera.

[​IMG]

Mopar had access to the Jeep team’s precise data for seamless integration, including color, fit, and finish.

According to Pietro Gorlier, virtually every Mopar product for the new Wrangler is “new, redeveloped, or redesigned.” The full list will be on Mopar’s Jeep Performance Parts page.

Read the whole post here.

2. serpens

serpens Active Member

Where's the official thread for this car?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

They missed an opportunity to do a Jeep grille there. lol ;)

4. Orsalak

Orsalak Active Member

Oh good call! The first thing I thought when I saw this was someone is going to make a camp chef stove to fit there

UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Active Member

My thoughts exactly! FCA posted these on their Instagram page as well. People are scrolling by without noticing or what!? It looks perfect, btw!

7. suzq044

Makes m' look forward to the truck even moreso. lol

8. TripleT

Level III Supporter

stay off the comment section anywhere, there are people actual critical. I can't imagine how a Jeep fan can't be pleased. The Truck looks wonderful.

9. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

There’s some good, practical ideas right there.

Those non-slip rock rails, tailgate table and roof rack look great.

#9 aldo90731, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  10. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Awesome gear for an awesome vehicle! That thing is going to be nice! Wish I had a reason to buy one.

11. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Looks like the roll cage will be painted.

I won’t miss the neoprene.

Shane Estabrooks and wvutuba like this.
  12. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

The fold down windshield design looks outstanding!

13. 12soldier

12soldier Well-Known Member

From the top view it looked like the exterior portion was red and the section faceing the interior was black. It could be the neoprene colors. Unless that’s a molded plastic.

Attached Files:

14. suzq044

Remember the recent shots of these at their photo-shoot. The red one was the soft top. I noticed the antennas are built into the roll cage, so I am curious what it all looks like assembled and on the Jeep.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

I like the Jeep grill in the cowl vent. Nice touch. Probably would never notice it except in an overhead shot like this.

16. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Yes, saw that. Most likely molded plastic or foam. Neoprene wouldn’t look that neat.

12soldier and savio.79 like this.
  17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

I saw comments at the bottom of a C&D article about JL. The wonderfully informed posters were saying such things as “sissified”, “crap”, “junk”, and the baffling “it keeps getting worse”.

I’m thinking the majority of them own Toyota’s or Honda’s and have never actually sat in a Wrangler. Of course even if they did, they probably wouldn’t understand anyway. They’re not for everybody.

The JL is beautiful to me from what I’ve seen so far. I can’t wait to see one up close, and especially looking forward to JT.

UN4GTBL and lonbon like this.
  18. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

I'm already looking for 'Easter Eggs'......hehe.
    Great job to everybody at Jeep. You did not disappoint.

BASONE88, UN4GTBL and ScramFan like this.
  19. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

“sissified”?

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  20. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

A direct quote unfortunately. I can’t explain stupidity...and the stupid was strong in this one. :D

aldo90731, page2171 and GasAxe like this.